FYI: PRL 13xxx means you're on the new Hybrid Network

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
my PRL is 15008

called verizon, tech support said there is no way to push any kind of PRL update and that the phone does it on its own

...refused to do anything else for me from there

I also asked about why I only have 2.5gb of total internal space which has been bugging me since day 1

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
my PRL is 15008

called verizon, tech support said there is no way to push any kind of PRL update and that the phone does it on its own

...refused to do anything else for me from there

I also asked about why I only have 2.5gb of total internal space which has been bugging me since day 1

what did they say about the internal space?

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
what did they say about the internal space?

He said that certain blocks of space are allocated to certain apps/services

the example he gave me was that a certain amount of space, lets say 100mb is designated for the address book and only that

seems like total BS to me tho...

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife had no data a her work all day today. First time since we got the phones. Voice was ok but data was gone. As soon as she left work, everything came back.

Strange part is that her company uses Verizon because it is the only cell service that has a signal on all floors.everyone there on 3G was fine, her 4g was out and she couldn't connect to 3G.

If it happens tomorrow I am calling Verizon

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
PRL

Tonight I called tech support from Verizon and was surprised to get in touch with a very knowledgeable rep. The Hybrid push is a known issue, but ONLY for certain customers. These customers are in certain areas and are either former Alltel customers or customers that are accessing former Alltels equipment. I to have the 15008 PRL, however my location, New Jersey, I am not affected by the Alltel issue, and even though she said she would send the update to my phone, she stated that it can cause other issues. Since she seemed very knowledgeable about this information, I decided to take her advise and stay clear of this update.

For any of you guys using Alltel towers or equipment, all the info you have read is correct and this pushed update should serve you phone well. Just first verify you are in that Alltel local.

Myself I suffer from loss of internet sometimes moving from one place to another. (home to work). She asked if I frequently get the cannot connect for internet message. I do. She also asked if I get the 1X instead of 3G frequently. I do. She stated that this is a know issue with the Thunderbolt and it can be rectified very easy by doing a full factory reset from settings. Since I was having more issues with the Internet then the phone calls I am going to try this fix. I hate reloading and setting everything back up but I am going to try it anyway.

For anyone thinking of this, this operation puts your phone back to factory release condition. You will lose all contacts and data info. Make sure your contacts, calendar and misc info is backed up first. If you have a Google Account everything is and will reappear after you re sign back in.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Tonight I called tech support from Verizon and was surprised to get in touch with a very knowledgeable rep. The Hybrid push is a known issue, but ONLY for certain customers. These customers are in certain areas and are either former Alltel customers or customers that are accessing former Alltels equipment. I to have the 15008 PRL, however my location, New Jersey, I am not affected by the Alltel issue, and even though she said she would send the update to my phone, she stated that it can cause other issues. Since she seemed very knowledgeable about this information, I decided to take her advise and stay clear of this update.

For any of you guys using Alltel towers or equipment, all the info you have read is correct and this pushed update should serve you phone well. Just first verify you are in that Alltel local.

Myself I suffer from loss of internet sometimes moving from one place to another. (home to work). She asked if I frequently get the cannot connect for internet message. I do. She also asked if I get the 1X instead of 3G frequently. I do. She stated that this is a know issue with the Thunderbolt and it can be rectified very easy by doing a full factory reset from settings. Since I was having more issues with the Internet then the phone calls I am going to try this fix. I hate reloading and setting everything back up but I am going to try it anyway.

For anyone thinking of this, this operation puts your phone back to factory release condition. You will lose all contacts and data info. Make sure your contacts, calendar and misc info is backed up first. If you have a Google Account everything is and will reappear after you re sign back in.

Thanks for this great info. I will put this in my opening post.

RestlessDroid

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
You mean for voice? Do you have the older 1x extender or the newer 3G extender? My extender works for voice (I hear the beep when placing/receiving a call) but it doesn't seem to use the 3G part of it.

-Frank

We got the extender the day I got the phone. I'm assuming it is a new one. My wife's Incredible doesn't have any problem picking it up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting info. My PRL is 15008 and I have no isses at all going from 3G to 4G, I get 4 bars of 4G at home, 2-3 bars 3G ont he road.. same as before on the Dinc...

bmw3wags

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys I think I can confirm some info from my phone. When I am home which is a Verizon area my Prl is the 15*** number but when im at college (alltel area) it somehow magically changes to 13***. I didn't know that it could change back and forth like that?

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just curious I live in the Brooklyn, New York area and my prl is 15008, but have no voice probs, does anyone in the New York area have these problems with voice? In strong 4G area.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
so I'm 15008 and always have a good 4G signal

I don't know if this is something people need to do unless it would definitely be an improvement.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
great.
live in NC, with full 4g coverage
read this yesterday & was on the old PRL version---no worries, wasn't concerned.

just had my 1st random reboot ever, now i'm on PRL 1, just like someone else.

oy.

here's hoping it resets itself. (6 hours later, still waiting for it to update)

Last edited:

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So i did my Twenty call test and well i have no dropped calls. But the weird thing is that the advance tech told me only the mid west was affected. And i live in Rancho Cucamonga and the PRl 13006 helped me out. Just hope it does not Excuse my language screw me in the long run lol.

Oh and i should mention when i was on 15008 i had lots of dropped calls

Last edited:

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you think Montana counts as mid west? I'm a firm believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it but I'm all for better service.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
15008 in Metro Detroit. I get better reception on voice and data with this phone than all my old Blackberries on VZW.
No issues at home or work or anywhere around the area....