email peak/off-peak not working correctly

unident

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
The phone is is set to update my hotmail e-mail account every 5 minutes daily from 7am-11pm. I have Off-Peak time set to manual. Yesterday it worked correctly.

Today, the peak/non peak time schedule did not sync correctly. It is 10:30 here, and when I went under the Send & Receive menu-->Update Schedule, it's currently showing manual, even though the phone should clearly be in peak time. No e-mails were pushed to my phone until I actually went into the hotmail folder.

Can anyone please assist? Why is the phone not keeping up with whether it should be in peak or off peak?

Turbo Paul

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Coming from Blackberry, and I have my Yahoo account set to sync every 15 minutes, and when I set it up it worked fine for a couple days, but now it's been a week, and it only syncs when I open the email folder, and shows me emails that are sometimes hours old. This is a big problem, as I use it for work emails, and now I have to unlock and open folder constantly, and this is doing my battery life no good. I can't believe that BB is the only phones that can get this right? Does anyone have an idea how to make this feature work properly?

Help please!

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
What Mail client? the sense one?

I moved over to Maildroid because of emails coming being marked read and some other stuff - triend K-9 in between but found the unified inbox to be slow, took a few (10) seconds to get its bearing. So far so good with maildroid

Reactions: Turbo Paul

Turbo Paul

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What Mail client? the sense one?

I moved over to Maildroid because of emails coming being marked read and some other stuff - triend K-9 in between but found the unified inbox to be slow, took a few (10) seconds to get its bearing. So far so good with maildroid

I guess the sense one, just whatever is built into the phone. So I need an app, maildroid, to make email work properly on my phone? And I need to pay to get my emails and not see ads on this phone?

Sorry, I am totally new to this! :(

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess the sense one, just whatever is built into the phone. So I need an app, maildroid, to make email work properly on my phone? And I need to pay to get my emails and not see ads on this phone?

Sorry, I am totally new to this! :(

Maildroid is great. The ads aren't really a big deal especially on a big screen like the TBolt. I've been using MD for a few months with my Yahoo and Business email and it's been great. Its much better for your Yahoo account than the stock email or K9.

I also came from a BB and this is the best alternative yet. The best thing by far about Maildroid is that it is CONSTANTLY updating almost every week with new features and little tweaks and fixes. If you have ANY issues at all, just email the developer at maildroiddev at gmail and he will get back to you within a few hours with help. That kind of attention to customer care is rare and is the reason why I went with the "pro" (no-ads) version. Pro is nice, but FYI it has the same features for the most part as the free one so use the free to start. Good luck!

Reactions: Turbo Paul

Turbo Paul

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Maildroid is great. The ads aren't really a big deal especially on a big screen like the TBolt. I've been using MD for a few months with my Yahoo and Business email and it's been great. Its much better for your Yahoo account than the stock email or K9.

I also came from a BB and this is the best alternative yet. The best thing by far about Maildroid is that it is CONSTANTLY updating almost every week with new features and little tweaks and fixes. If you have ANY issues at all, just email the developer at maildroiddev at gmail and he will get back to you within a few hours with help. That kind of attention to customer care is rare and is the reason why I went with the "pro" (no-ads) version. Pro is nice, but FYI it has the same features for the most part as the free one so use the free to start. Good luck!

All right, I'll give it a try.....hopefully it does the trick. My girlfriend wants a Tbolt now too, but she has corporate email and is unsure about giving up her Blackberry. I need this to work or she has to stay with BB....

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar, but opposite problem.

I have my hotmail account set to be off peak by 9:00pm so it doesn't bother me during the night. However, even though it shows the hotmail account update schedule as Manual, it continues to check my hotmail account and bleep at me when it gets new ones.

It was working fine until a few days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781