which insurance did you guys go with?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Signed up with Asurian through VZW. Never had insurance on a phone before because I usually keep my old one as a backup. But I don't want to have to go back to my Blackberry.

You can't make me, I won't do it!

So I sold my Tour and that pays for a year of insurance.

Chilly818

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Signed up with Asurian through VZW. Never had insurance on a phone before because I usually keep my old one as a backup. But I don't want to have to go back to my Blackberry.

You can't make me, I won't do it!

So I sold my Tour and that pays for a year of insurance.

lol.. you forced this upon yourself.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
ive heard about esquare or ensquare or something to that effect. I priced it, its only 99 for 2 yrs and a $50 deductible.

Its actually called squaretrade. Thanks jgang06

Last edited:

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
none, never have and never will.

I would not recommend that on a 600 dollar phone. You may be good with your phone but having worked at VZW for a long time there is nothing worse than someone coming in with a wet/lost/smashed screen on an expensive device and no insurance.

With VZW unless you are grandfathered in to your old insurance you only have a few options. You can get the base level for 5.18 a month and it has a $99 deductible. Some companies offer in house insurance as well. The store I work for uses one that is 89.99 for 2 years and has a $75 dollar ded.

Reactions: FrankXS

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I would not recommend that on a 600 dollar phone. You may be good with your phone but having worked at VZW for a long time there is nothing worse than someone coming in with a wet/lost/smashed screen on an expensive device and no insurance.

With VZW unless you are grandfathered in to your old insurance you only have a few options. You can get the base level for 5.18 a month and it has a $99 deductible. Some companies offer in house insurance as well. The store I work for uses one that is 89.99 for 2 years and has a $75 dollar ded.

Go Bengals. Hehe

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
i have gone through 10-20 smartphones and have never needed to file an insurance. also you cannot say that it is a 600$ phone. yes the msrp is 600 but you can always get it for around 300 a month or so after release on craigslist. even right now you can get it brand new on craig for 450-500.

will never be lost as i have tracking apps that can be turned on remotely, smashed screen? not worried. i have seen others with it but honestly... i am not worried. wet? not worried either. i'm not saying this is everyone's way to go but hey it works for me. and i switch phones every 4-6 months anyways. (sell and buy new on craigs)

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i have gone through 10-20 smartphones and have never needed to file an insurance. also you cannot say that it is a 600$ phone. yes the msrp is 600 but you can always get it for around 300 a month or so after release on craigslist. even right now you can get it brand new on craig for 450-500.

will never be lost as i have tracking apps that can be turned on remotely, smashed screen? not worried. i have seen others with it but honestly... i am not worried. wet? not worried either. i'm not saying this is everyone's way to go but hey it works for me. and i switch phones every 4-6 months anyways. (sell and buy new on craigs)

Hey knock on wood. If that works for you go for it. But I would not recommend that. Most people are not as fortunate as you I guess. Lol

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

+1

I did exactly as you said, $5.18/mo with $99 deductible via VZW. And I agree about your "nothing worse" statement. No kidding. Up to now when I was buying smartphones that had a full retail of ~$300-$400, I figured I could handle it if I crushed it. But now, with no annual upgrade anymore, no NE2 anymore and a replacement phone costing $649, yes, I want insurance at $5.18/mo. :D

-Frank

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I figure all the money I saved the past 10 or so years not buying insurance will pay for a new phone if I had to do it. Id buy insurance if I couldn't afford to replace my phone. But then again, if I couldn't afford to replace a phone, I buy a hcheaper phone.

Last edited:

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
also the price you pay for the insurance and add the deductible is quite high. around $150? just for example, the droid x came out like 8 months ago? its worth less than $200 now (you can probably get one for $150). so at this rate i can save $150 if i dont break my phone in 8 months. and even if i do break it, i can get a month that is "last gen" which at the rate new phones are coming out for android isn't really that much different performance wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy