Thunderbolt GPS Navigation Issue??

jkim723

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the problem and resolution section but didn't see an answer.

Anyone have issues with their navigation? Use to love my DINC because the navigation worked so well so I expected the same from the Thunderbolt. I'm having issues where when I type in an address, it keeps showing "searching for GPS", sometimes it'll pick up and work, but sometimes it doesn't. Any tips to fix this??

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed that sometimes it takes a while for the GPS to get connected/sync. It seems to maybe be harder when I'm on the move.

musicman555

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. My DInc would lock on right away but my TB is hit or miss. Yesterday it just would not lock on and I was outside in the clear where it should have no problem... HTC needs to catch wind of this and find a fix

Update: I tried the fix mentioned just below by Dr3us (I also found in on XDA) and it significantly decreased the gps searching time. It is almost as fast as my Dinc was now. I am very pleased with the fix! Thank goodness for these forums

Last edited:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't call it an issue more like it takes longer to find a signal than the DINC in which I would have to agree with.

Sent From My Xoom or Thunderbolt, pick one

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't call it an issue more like it takes longer to find a signal than the DINC in which I would have to agree with.

Sent From My Xoom or Thunderbolt, pick one

Ditto here. The Dinc took a few seconds. The Bolt takes close to 20... I think it SEEMS longer when you're hoping you don't take a wrong turn :p Mine always locks, and when it does it's spot on.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
No issues for me either. I had it connect and lock on in just a few seconds on several occasions. Full disclosure .... it's been in my car dock with a clear line of site each time I've used navigation. Perhaps that's why it's so fast.

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I used mine last weekend and no problems finding my location or tracking. I wish in the navigation window it would tell you how many satellites you were connected to.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Just install GPS status as posted on page 1 of this thread and follow the instructions. It fixes the problem and has worked perfectly on mine and my wifes Thunderbolt. Hope this helps.

jrmckinn

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Install GPS Status from the market, then:

Menu -> Tools -> Manage AGPS -> Reset

Menu -> Tools -> Manage AGPS -> Download

Used these instructions from someone in XDA forums and it worked like a charm!

This worked like a charm. Thanks so much!

J

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I too downloaded this app just now. Earlier today, I too had the same issue using Navigation (by Google) whereby it took awhile with the message reading Searching For GPS, or something similar. I then exited out of Google's Navigation, and then started up Verizon Navigation, and after several moments the Verizon GPS app worked. This may be the only reason I continue to keep paying $9.99 a month for the Verizon Navigation app. Hopefully, the Google Navigation app will now work properly after installing the GPS Status app, otherwise I will most likely keep the Verizon Navigation app.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Install GPS Status from the market, then:

Menu -> Tools -> Manage AGPS -> Reset

Menu -> Tools -> Manage AGPS -> Download

Used these instructions from someone in XDA forums and it worked like a charm!

everyone should do this...i did it earlier and gps locks within 3 seconds max

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad