4G drop-outs...or not?

Lazy8s

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So I love my TBolt but I have been having a voice problems (everyone sounds robotic, like they are trying to play a joke, it is bad. Also, I keep getting "SIM Card Error"s. On top of that my 4G will be working then gone for an hour, then working again. When it is gone, I have no 1x or anything, just no data with the phone sitting still. So I decided to do an experiment. I put on Pandora and I am watching my 4G go in and out, but Pandora, on high bandwidth setting, is streaming just fine with NO interruptions at all! However, when the 4G is gone I cannot access the market or internet; when the icon is showing I have no problems. How freakin werid is that? Pandora isn't streaming on some hidden channel or something is it? (note: This is on a stock phone)

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
By your description of the extremely bad voice quality on your phone, it does sound like there is something wrong with your device. My voice sound is good. And as you say, most people report good sound. I'd return it for only that reason.

-Frank

Lazy8s

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I probably will. I just hope I don't wind up with 3 or 4 returns like some other people. x( I was really most interrested in the 4G weirdness, didn't intend to make the post about the voice quality. Whoops.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If he's getting Sim card errors then that means the connection between the phone and the Sim card is not good. Could be the sim card is not sitting correctly in the slot, the slot itself could be defective, the contacts on the sim card could be dirty or the sim card itself is defective.

Power off your device, remove your Sim card and clean the contacts with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Once it dries, put the sim card back into the phone and make sure it's in the slot properly. Once it is, turn your phone back on and see if you get the sim card error again. If you do, you'll need to go to Verizon and have them swap out the phone for you.

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know. I exchanged my TB for a new one due to a bad ear piece. Mine had a buzzing sound whenever someone was speaking. I was thinking the same thing that I didnt want to get into a problem where I had to keep returning them over and over again. But this one seems to be a lot better. the ear piece is great. The power button is easier to use (I guess it sticks up a little farther) and they gave me my original SIM card (obviously) and battery back. I was thinking of asking for the new battery. But then again I dont really have battery issues with the old one so I figured I would keep that just incase. But just my experience the new one is a solid phone. nothing found as a reason to return again.

Lazy8s

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading the threads about how to get a more stable 3G connection, but I haven't found anything regarding 4G except that 4G sucks for everyone right now. Is there a reason why I do not go to 3G when 4G is not available? I have only seen 1x show for a brief second right before or after 4G connections. I turned off data roaming and, while that helped a little, it did not really do all that much for me. It is getting crazy annoying having Pandora drop in and out while I am sitting still at my desk. Is it a known issue not going between 3G/4G? Is it a known issue that 4G simply stops working? Is there a fix? Based on what I read before my experience with this TB, I was about ready to believe VZW's 3G network was built by the gods on olympus itself...

Edit: Nvm just saw the thread... this sucks

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan