Sound Set Question

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
How do you change the sounds for Email, Message, and Calendar notifications in the sound set? I was able to change the sounds for notifications and ringer, but I can't find where I can change the sounds for Email, Messages, and Calendar.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
How do you change the sounds for Email, Message, and Calendar notifications in the sound set? I was able to change the sounds for notifications and ringer, but I can't find where I can change the sounds for Email, Messages, and Calendar.

Each app has its own settings where you can change the sounds

anon(237872)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There are a few ways of doing this.

On the home screen, click the bottom right button with the hand pallet and brush. Scroll down to sound set. This will allow you to create a custom set up or use the stock seetings.

If you do not choose sound set, all the available settings are right below it.

Also, if you go to Menu -> Settings -> Sounds it will have options to change things there. Also if you open your messaging app, click menu -> settings -> sounds / notifications and you should be able to change it there.

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
How do you change the sound set for email? There doesn't seem to be an option within the Email app to select a ringtone. I found the one for the Calendar notification, but still can't find a way to change the sound for the Email notification. Thanks again for all your help.

anon(237872)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What E-mail app are you using?

If you go to Gmail

Gmail -> Menu -> More -> Settings -> scroll down to "Notification settings" and the second choice is select ringtone.

rasfeld.4

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
How do you change the sound set for email? There doesn't seem to be an option within the Email app to select a ringtone. I found the one for the Calendar notification, but still can't find a way to change the sound for the Email notification. Thanks again for all your help.

For me I set the default notification sound for the phone as what I wanted email to be, since in the HTC app there isn't the option to set the specific sound.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
What E-mail app are you using?

If you go to Gmail

Gmail -> Menu -> More -> Settings -> scroll down to "Notification settings" and the second choice is select ringtone.

This is for the HTC Email app which I use for my Hotmail account. I set my default notification to Simple Low, but the Email notification seems to be hard coded to Alpha.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
In the HTC email app while on the account you want to change go to menu/more/settings/notifications there you can set each what you want for each account.

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
In the HTC email app while on the account you want to change go to menu/more/settings/notifications there you can set each what you want for each account.

There are only check boxes on which notifications you want. I don't see where I can select the specific ringtone.

JStamp627

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to or if it is possible to import notification sounds? I know you can import ringtones but can't figure out how to be able to use different sounds than the ones that come on the Tbolt. I've tried changing the name on the folder that I have my sounds I'd like to use, but that isn't working either. Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy