Sense 3.0?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The dinc has sense 2.0 roms, like warm z ported from the desire z, so wouldnt be surprised to see 3.0 ports to the tbolt.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know that the community can do pretty much anything, I wanted to know if HTC would officially support it, since I'm not sure I want to root incase something goes wrong.

:) same!

I would say no though. I dont think HTC does full UI version changes to existing devices. I really hope that they will though....

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The biggest issue is that the Bolt might simply not have the horsepower to handle the new Sense. Its heavy on the visual effects, and the 8655 might not be able to deal with it.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The biggest issue is that the Bolt might simply not have the horsepower to handle the new Sense. Its heavy on the visual effects, and the 8655 might not be able to deal with it.

I dont think the thunderbolt would have any problem doing what I saw in that video

...seems like a walk in the park IMO

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So, just watched a video here: Sprint Changes Stock Lock Screen Experience With Unique Options on EVO 3D [Video] The HTC Lockscreens look pretty cool.

What do you think of the chances of Sense 3.0 coming to the Thunderbolt? Has any older HTC phone been updated with a newer Sense?
It prolly wont get it OTA, if past precedents determine this then no. But thats what root is for.

Although your right it is pretty graphic intensive, I would disagree I believe the TB has plenty of ass to handle that an then some the processor was throttled back to save battery life, and the GPU is actually real strong for a single core.

My prediction is look for a 3.0 based Rom on XDA soon.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont think any htc phone has received an official ota update of sense (like 1.0 to 2.0 at least), but i could be wrong.

If you really want 3.0 i think you'll have to root and flash something with it when it's available.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Since i can't root and no one seems to be able to help me, i hope we get to see that version of sense. I mean that could be the reason why we don't have skype. HTC could be trying to find a way to incorporate skype into the new sense.

After the entire hoopla with the release date, im not making any assumptions. Anything can happen. I sure hope we get it though. That version of Sense makes ours look outdated.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Since i can't root and no one seems to be able to help me, i hope we get to see that version of sense. I mean that could be the reason why we don't have skype. HTC could be trying to find a way to incorporate skype into the new sense.

After the entire hoopla with the release date, im not making any assumptions. Anything can happen. I sure hope we get it though. That version of Sense makes ours look outdated.

why cant you root?

i wouldnt count on getting sense 3.0 without root but it could happen i suppose.

i'm sure the skype fixes will be coming through ota without root in the near future tho.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned it in the rooting section. My phone does not show up with ADB. It's not my TB because my incredible did the same thing. The weird thing is i rooted my incredible before on my mac, and then one day i tried to root again and unrevoked wouldn't recognize it. I thought it was my phone so when i tried to root my TB using corys method for Macs, my TB wouldn't show up in terminal.

Im super confused because the computer recognizes my phone fine, i transfer music and files all the time, but when i try to root it, terminal does not see it.

I have usb debugging check and am using the stock usb cord. It really blows.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned it in the rooting section. My phone does not show up with ADB. It's not my TB because my incredible did the same thing. The weird thing is i rooted my incredible before on my mac, and then one day i tried to root again and unrevoked wouldn't recognize it. I thought it was my phone so when i tried to root my TB using corys method for Macs, my TB wouldn't show up in terminal.

Im super confused because the computer recognizes my phone fine, i transfer music and files all the time, but when i try to root it, terminal does not see it.

I have usb debugging check and am using the stock usb cord. It really blows.

Is it the port on the computer ?
maybe update the driver on the usb controller?
update the bios ?
And maybe uninstall, htc sync and adb then reinstall fresh maybe its a corrupted file on the computer?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Is it the port on the computer ?
maybe update the driver on the usb controller?
update the bios ?
And maybe uninstall, htc sync and adb then reinstall fresh maybe its a corrupted file on the computer?

the port works fine, like i said, i transfer music and stuff all the time. Only time i have a problem is when it comes to rooting it. And i have no idea what htc sync is. Im on a mac, so im not sure if i need to download any drivers. And i downloaded the files directly from Corys post, im sure they were updated.

krusty46

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
My Touch Pro2 got updated, so it has happened. Granted that was non-Android. It went from whatever HTC was calling it to sense and came as part of a Verizon issued ROM upgrade.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
the port works fine, like i said, i transfer music and stuff all the time. Only time i have a problem is when it comes to rooting it. And i have no idea what htc sync is. Im on a mac, so im not sure if i need to download any drivers. And i downloaded the files directly from Corys post, im sure they were updated.

there should still be a bios (Mother board OS) but thats prolly not the case if your working ok.
HTC sync is HTC's software for phone to computer communication and most likely your problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair