TBolt light leakage and Verizon..

zerosnake

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
So Today I went to Verizon to try and exchange my Tbolt since it has light leakage and hole with light coming out by the magnifying glass not big but you can see light coming out and light leakage thats defiantly noticeable under by the home and menu buttons even the manager saw and wouldn't exchange since he said they can't exchange unless it's messing up the performance of my phone in some way my question is can they do this since I do have my 14 day return/exchange policy still up since I received my phone last tuesday. Please help other people have been experiencing these issues and swapping out there phones with no problems?

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I went to my Verizon store for the same issue and they wouldn't let me get an exchange either as the displays had the same light leakage issue.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If your in 14, and not satisfied, they must give you the opportunity to pay a restock and get you a different device. I think all TBs leak, so that wont give them cause to manufacture warranty it for you. Just cosmetic.

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
return the phone and the contract and just buy it again. Do it at the same store that told you NO so you can tell them to shove it.

zerosnake

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
return the phone and the contract and just buy it again. Do it at the same store that told you NO so you can tell them to shove it.

Thats the thing I can't really do that since my sister was the primary account holder and I was the secondary I was eligible for an early upgrade since november but only primaries have that ability but since she left and canceled her verizon I was made the primary but they took out early upgrades in jan. when the iphone came out but they made an exception for me so if I were to return it I don't think they would make the exception for me again :/

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at best buy and they open like ten phones for me. All of them had the light leak. Which is why I will stay with Best Buy. Verizon has become a joke.

zerosnake

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I got mine at best buy and they open like ten phones for me. All of them had the light leak. Which is why I will stay with Best Buy. Verizon has become a joke.
It really has I told that manager If my 14 days is up and I have problems with my phone I am NOT getting a freaking used phone that has been in someone's hands and broke I told them I BETTER get a new phone out of the box or else.

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
God, I would absolutely HATE to work in a Verizon store and deal with nitpickers all day.

Well good thing you dont cause I cannot put up with crappy build phones after you pay $250 plus tax. Cause i get very angry.

p.s. I did the silicon fix.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
That would be any job in retail and/or a job dealing with the public. :D

Amen... Worked retail for 2 years, never again worst job ever. Its the people who want to pick a fight with you like you built the phone or something... Hell no I pulled it out of the box like this but since your yelling and screaming in my face theres nothing I can do for you.

Take it from some one who has been on the other side things like pitching a fit and demanding things from customer service/sales reps is a good way to NOT get what you want.

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ive looked at approximatly 10 different TBs in various stores (BB and Vzw) and all of them had some form of light leaking. Some were more than others but I did not find one that didnt have this. Instead of returning I think the silicone fix is the way to go.