text message sender info...

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I've scanned the forums and haven't found anything yet. I'm new to Android from BB.

Hopefully someone can help. I've sent a text message to a couple of people but they didn't respond because they didn't know who it was from. It did not have my cell number or name, it had some random 16 digit number that I don't recognize. Any ideas on how to change this and allow my texts show that they are from my cell number?

Thank you in advance.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I've scanned the forums and haven't found anything yet. I'm new to Android from BB.

Hopefully someone can help. I've sent a text message to a couple of people but they didn't respond because they didn't know who it was from. It did not have my cell number or name, it had some random 16 digit number that I don't recognize. Any ideas on how to change this and allow my texts show that they are from my cell number?

Thank you in advance.
This has been reported here as an out-of-the-box condition. In most cases (almost all I think) if you turn the phone off, remove your battery, (I also slid the SIM card out of it's slot but left it in the carrier), wait 30 seconds, plug them both back in, put the back cover on again and turn the phone on, it should be fixed.

-Frank

Reactions: chelleygirl#AC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007