1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Dungeon Defenders: Dual core what??

Can I say that my thunderbolt has just assured it long stay with me lol. I just downloaded dungeon defenders which is free now! You have in app billing for random items. It rants about tegra and blah but my thunderbolt spanks it and asks for more! This phone just rocks. The graphics are amazing!

I paid $3 for this game, shenanigans!
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

Just installed it and let it download all of the additional files that it needed. Launched it. Nice title screen then it just exited. Not force closed. It just went back to the home screen. Rebooted. Same result. Any tricks to get it to work?
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.

i had the same issue so i uninstalled it and redid the update and everything. then i had the same issue.... but after when i went to the android market to uninstall again it said it had an update. after that it started to work
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaidrake View Post
    I paid $3 for this game, shenanigans!
    Me too

Richard try going into application settings and clear data and cache, if that doesn't work you may need to re-download it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Dungeon Defenders is kind of laggy on my Thunderbolt (i.e. It's perfect when I am in build stage, but when combat starts and my board is slammed with creatures, it lags somewhat). What are you guys doing differently that it plays well for you?

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Working for me. Thanks.

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Quote Originally Posted by potatolover1102 View Post
    Can I say that my thunderbolt has just assured it long stay with me lol. I just downloaded dungeon defenders which is free now! You have in app billing for random items. It rants about tegra and blah but my thunderbolt spanks it and asks for more! This phone just rocks. The graphics are amazing!
    Ha! I just got this two nights ago myself, and it looks great. Snapdragon is where it's at!

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfon711 View Post
    Dungeon Defenders is kind of laggy on my Thunderbolt (i.e. It's perfect when I am in build stage, but when combat starts and my board is slammed with creatures, it lags somewhat). What are you guys doing differently that it plays well for you?
    I suppose I'm cheating a LITTLE bit.. Overclocked to 1.2ghz.
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
    Thanked by:

This might be a noob question but I am addicted to pocket legends lol will I like Dungeon Defenders?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lovy View Post
    This might be a noob question but I am addicted to pocket legends lol will I like Dungeon Defenders?
    I am too. You will love it. Also it runs great on mine thanks to root and overclock lol
    Thanked by:
    lovy 

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Me too

Richard try going into application settings and clear data and cache, if that doesn't work you may need to re-download it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I went to clear the Data and Cache, but they were both at zero, so there was nothing to clear. So I uninstalled and redownloaded. Worked just fine the second time around.
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.

Quote Originally Posted by potatolover1102 View Post
    I am too. You will love it. Also it runs great on mine thanks to root and overclock lol
    Thanks, I'm not rooted but will try it anyway pocket legends drain my battery but idc I just plug it in lol I gave up on worrying about the battery and just enjoy the phone. Thanks again

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I actually think that this game is pretty good on the battery. I played for a few hours and it didn't destroy my battery. Sadly, Angry Birds is much rougher on the battery than this game. Lol.

And thanks for letting me know you are overclocked TBolt2011. Maybe I'll get around to it at some point. As for now, the game runs. Just not as smooth as I would like it.

I do not want to root my phone. I do not feel comfortable with doing it yet.

Will I be able to play Dungeon Defenders on my stock TB, without too much lag and stuff?

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by aliasneo07 View Post
    I do not want to root my phone. I do not feel comfortable with doing it yet.

Will I be able to play Dungeon Defenders on my stock TB, without too much lag and stuff?
    The lag definitely does NOT make it unplayable. It just gets a little frustrating when you're in the heat of battle and things get a little choppy. But you are still able to play, and I do so often.

I kind of wish that Dungeon Defenders had a setting to lower the graphics a little bit to enhance game play. I wouldn't lower them too much, but enough so that everything runs super smooth.

Edit: And they DO have a setting for changing the graphics. Woop! I'll give it a try, and I bet it will make a difference.
    Last edited by soccerfon711; 04-03-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

the game looks great I just wish I could figure out how to play it lol.
    "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Hoooooooo!" - Lion-O

ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn826 View Post
    the game looks great I just wish I could figure out how to play it lol.
    HAHAHA same here. There are no instructions, I spent 20 minutes loosing and then uninstalled.

But yeah it looks and runs great on my 1.2ghz OC Das BAMF rom

ROM
    ICS blazer ROM

Default Re: Dungeon Defenders: Dual core what??

for some reason on my 3d it runs perfectly and then it will crash or just go to my homescreen for no reason...anything i can do i guess? or no?