Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

Thumbs up Voice and Data.

I've noticed that I can talk and access data at the same time. I've been on Verizon a really long time and this is New and awesome. Has anyone heard Verizon advertising this new and wonderfully feature ?

It sure makes that AT&T iPhone commercial null and void.

Then again, I think it only works for the ThunderBolt.... not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Daddy View Post
    I've noticed that I can talk and access data at the same time. I've been on Verizon a really long time and this is New and awesome. Has anyone heard Verizon advertising this new and wonderfully feature ?
    Welcome to the forums.

It hasn't really been advertised but we knew it was possible on this phone. I think it was in a few videos and leaked papers before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Deinonychus View Post
    It sure makes that AT&T iPhone commercial null and void.

Then again, I think it only works for the ThunderBolt.... not sure.
    At the current time, only the TBolt can do this

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7 RC1.8

Yea, it was one of the features that verizon was teaching it's employee's, but they were told not to mention it at all though as they didn't know "how reliable" it was going to be though. It's got to do with their new hybrid network. (look up svdo and eHRPD for more info on how/why it works)

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

I used to have this feature on my Bold with AT&T, when I switched to Verizon and got the Storm 2 it was the feature I missed the most. When I heard that the Thunderbolt would be able to do this it sealed the deal. I decided to pass up the iphone and go on the rollercoaster ride to wait for the Thunderbolt. I have been extremely pleased with it's performance. It's been awesome to be able to use navigation and talk on the phone at the same time.
    "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Hoooooooo!" - Lion-O

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post
    At the current time, only the TBolt can do this
    Do you have to have 4G in order for it work? I'm in a 3G only area for now.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Talking to someone as I post this!!!! On 3g!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PJRed2008 View Post
    Do you have to have 4G in order for it work? I'm in a 3G only area for now.
    No, it works in 3G as well. Heck, I'm currently in an "Extended Network" area and it works for me without any issues. Was playing World of Warcraft and talking on the phone earlier, and couldn't be happier with it (until I get my larger battery that almost all Verizon stores seem to be out of stock of)