Has anyone had issues trying to set up your emails?

phenomkim

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to set up my pacbell.net and sbcglobal.net accounts. But every time I do this. I get

Warning "Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding.

Anyone else have this issue.
I've tried doing this via wifi and over the vzw network, with the same results.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to set up my pacbell.net and sbcglobal.net accounts. But every time I do this. I get

Warning "Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding.

Anyone else have this issue.
I've tried doing this via wifi and over the vzw network, with the same results.
This almost always indicates you have entered some bad info. From a quick check, it looks like pacbell's email server is mail.pacbell.net and sbcglobal's is pop.sbcglobal.net and smtp.sbcglobal.net. Is that what you are using? Do either one of them require non standard ports? SSL? Also, are you trying to setup the type of client that you know they support? (pop, imap, exchange, etc).

If you are unsure of this information either go to their webpage and research the mail settings or call them to find out.

-Frank

phenomkim

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Frank. My lazyass should have just gone to their site to find out the settings. Here are the settings.

Address POP server SMTP server
@sbcglobal.net pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
@swbell.net pop.swbell.yahoo.com smtp.swbell.yahoo.com
@pacbell.net pop.pacbell.yahoo.com smtp.pacbell.yahoo.com
@nvbell.net pop.nvbell.yahoo.com smtp.nvbell.yahoo.com
@snet.net pop.snet.yahoo.com smtp.snet.yahoo.com
@ameritech.net pop.ameritech.yahoo.com smtp.ameritech.yahoo.com
@prodigy.net pop.prodigy.yahoo.com smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com
@wans.net pop.wans.yahoo.com smtp.wans.yahoo.com
@flash.net pop.flash.yahoo.com smtp.flash.yahoo.com