4G turned on

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my tb for a few days now but since I got it I've had constant 3G until tonight 4g just kicked on western phoenix

Edit:and as soon as it came its gone

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Same thing in Ann Arbor.
You might get lucky and get a "whiff" of LTE...but unless you're on the roadmap for 2011, don't get too excited.

Smoke if ya got 'em.

tomkern

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my tb for a few days now but since I got it I've had constant 3G until tonight 4g just kicked on western phoenix

Where are you in Western Phoenix?

I picked up a TB on Sunday and have had pretty much 4 to 5 bars of LTE in the Mesa/Tempe/Scottsdale area on the east side.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Where in western phoenix? I'm in Goodyear and although the website shows I should get 4G all I get is 3G.

Last edited:

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The west side of avondale right off dysart I picked my phone up this morning and have 4 bars of lte maybe they expanded the 4g its even on right now hopefully it will stay on

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't put much merit into the words of a Verizon store representative but they told me 4G will be all around Chicagoland at the end of May. This could be true though as I've been in plenty of areas with 4G and my home is in an extended area. :)

But just as you stated, I've seen it too. My home switched from 3G to 4G all the time. I actually turned 4G off though as it drained battery way to much while in stand by.

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
We went and ate dinner at the Vietnamese place just west of Dysart and was very surprised to have 4G LTE there. I live off Cotton Lane and Van Buren so hopefully it is moving west.

glad to hear it! i've been enjoying 4G so far hopfully they will make another big push because before i had to go almost all the way to 99th to get 4G

androidburn

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
LTE is amazing. 30+ mbps down. My friend usually gets 20's mbps UP. WOHHHHH

I think this number is mistaken. That's more than twice the capacity of high speed dedicated cable lines and several times faster than what you need to view hi def movies. I think you might mean to remove a zero... :) It's still much faster than stock 3G.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
LTE is amazing. 30+ mbps down. My friend usually gets 20's mbps UP. WOHHHHH

I think this number is mistaken. That's more than twice the capacity of high speed dedicated cable lines and several times faster than what you need to view hi def movies. I think you might mean to remove a zero... :) It's still much faster than stock 3G.
No, I think it's true. The theoretical maximum for VZW 4G/LTE is 51Mbps, I believe. Certainly, 30Mbps can happen, occasionally.

-Frank

Malefickus

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

I've personally seen 33 Mbps down, so I don't think he's mistaken at all. And it wasn't just a one time thing, it was in both Nashville and in Dallas.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've personally seen 33 Mbps down, so I don't think he's mistaken at all. And it wasn't just a one time thing, it was in both Nashville and in Dallas.
33Mbps on a VALID test? Because we know the speedtest app is not accurate and known to not correctly register mobile test right now.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
33Mbps on a VALID test? Because we know the speedtest app is not accurate and known to not correctly register mobile test right now.
If you go to speedtest.com (or other speed test sites) while using your TBolt tethered to your PC, it is valid. From my experience it yields similarly high speeds. I can't test it now 'cuz I'm not in a 4G area.

-Frank

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer