MMS Slideshow? Can you change Settings?

R0ss

Mar 17, 2011
www.cannonmotorsports.com
OK - I've searched and read about this but haven't seen a real solution. The fact that MMS messages are sent and received as slideshows p!sses me off enough - is there a way to change this to a single MMS message / picture?

OR

If there isn't, can you at least change the settings and let the picture stay up longer when you receive it so it doesnt go away so quickly without having to hit the stupid pause button????

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
When u recieve the pic and open it up just tapp it and there will be a pause button at the bottom of the pic there wilk also be an option to set as a contact icon and wallpaper

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When u recieve the pic and open it up just tapp it and there will be a pause button at the bottom of the pic there wilk also be an option to set as a contact icon and wallpaper

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

hmmmmm,

from O/P, "If there isn't, can you at least change the settings and let the picture stay up longer when you receive it so it doesnt go away so quickly without having to hit the stupid pause button????

:)

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Not in the stock of Android 2.2. I have read somewhere that is changed in Gingerbread finally.

Others may know, if some of the other messaging clients do this or not.

R0ss

Mar 17, 2011
www.cannonmotorsports.com
Yea I'm aware of the pause button but its just annoying - especially if you forget to do it right away. Seems like an unnecessary step.

I'm rooted so maybe someone will come up with a fix.

Thanks

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Not in the stock of Android 2.2. I have read somewhere that is changed in Gingerbread finally.

Really? I assumed this was a Sense thing. My friend has the HTC G2 with the same slide show issue.
My OG Droid had 2.2.2 and never had forced slide show. I could choose to create a slide show. This has to be Sense.

I hate this too. I switched to Handcent SMS because of the forced slide show and the new message counters not resetting.:mad:

FJF6454

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I found the reason of MMS slideshow and was able to recreate it multiple times.

Using iPhone 4 I created message with photo in this order:
1. Typed text
2. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
3. Press Send.

The message comes as slide show.

If I create message with photo in this order:
1. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
2. Typed text
3. Press Send.

The message comes as image with text below.

I don't know if this is intentional or not. I asked my wife to remember to attach image first, then type text.

Hope that helps.

robotluv

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with pictures being converted to slide shows. Also seems to make file to big to be received/downloaded. I have an honor 4. Any idea's on changing settings?