How long will unlimited Data continue?

How long will unlimited data last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm grandfathered into unlimited data - given the way these smart phones are going (3G, 4G, 5G, 6G, etcG) any guesses on how long unlimited data will last?

Do the poll.

Now, how do you think they will get rid of it?

Just pull the rug out?

Rename the plan/feature, there by voiding "unlimited data"?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
We're all grandfathered in at this point however I think if they dump it they're taking away one of the HUGE competitive advantages they have over AT&T. I feel Verizon would be flat out stupid if they dumped it.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
We're all grandfathered in at this point however I think if they dump it they're taking away one of the HUGE competitive advantages they have over AT&T. I feel Verizon would be flat out stupid if they dumped it.

Well, it's not like Verizon hasn't done anything stupid in the past. ;)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I still think carriers should offer unlimited to who ever wants to pay for it. Everyone doesn't need unlimited but many people do have a lot of usage and need the security of unlimited data. I have no problem with the tiers but unlimited should still be offered.

200MB - $10
2GB - $20
5GB - $30
Unlimited - $40

Of course I don't want unlimited to be more than what it is now, but offering it at $40 is better than completely doing away with it. Just my opinion.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
They will honor those under contracts, but will force a different contract after that expires.
So you think those of us with 1-yr contracts could be forced off unlimited (if it gets pulled) or do we get to keep it if we don't change phones?

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So you think those of us with 1-yr contracts could be forced off unlimited (if it gets pulled) or do we get to keep it if we don't change phones?

i bet you will keep unlim as long as absolutely nothing is changed. this includes phones, features, or plan.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same calling plan for years and it doesn't exist anymore, but I can still keep it even though I changed phones.

I hope that's how Verizon decides to handle unlimited data for us "old-timers"! :)

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You can thank some of these knob heads that tether their ps3, home computer, TiVo, slingplayer and whatever else to their phone. Especially since 4G now. Some people are using 10, 20, 50 gigs a month.... This is why tiered data is coming.

So yeah, thanks for that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: experiment 626

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
it will last a few more months. Which is another reason i jumped to my thunderbolt. I get until next year to keep my unlimited. Those waiting on the bionic will almost certainly have capped data. I wouldn't want to be one of the first people to deal with capped speeds. I rather wait until Verizon has their set plan after seeing results.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You can thank some of these knob heads that tether their ps3, home computer, TiVo, slingplayer and whatever else to their phone. Especially since 4G now. Some people are using 10, 20, 50 gigs a month.... This is why tiered data is coming.

Well put. Even tethered I only manage around 4gb a month tops. Wifi when possible. And people wonder why Verizon will start locking phones down.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site

its always the few that affects the majority... in many cases

JoseGutierrez

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You will have unlimited data as long as you do not let your contract expire. Grandfathered unlimited data plans are how the wireless companies keep customers loyal.