WTF moment

Carbon Stig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm totally new to Android.

I returned my first TB last week to wirefly and ended up getting another TB from VZW.com. The first TB I had downloaded several apps, but before returning it I did a hard reset to erase all of the data I had saved including contacts, messages, and apps. I even reformatted the SD to wipe it clean.

1 week later, today I have my 2nd brand new TB. Totally clean, no apps...

Just now, when I turned on my phone, I have all the apps that were downloaded on the first TB. WTH? Does this get backed up by Google? Or Verizon? I did do a backup assist, but I thought that was only for Contacts?

I know it's noob question, but this is really weird.

Can someone explain to me what's going on?

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Your google account remembers most apps you download from the market. When you first login on your new phone it will download those apps.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm totally new to Android.

I returned my first TB last week to wirefly and ended up getting another TB from VZW.com. The first TB I had downloaded several apps, but before returning it I did a hard reset to erase all of the data I had saved including contacts, messages, and apps. I even reformatted the SD to wipe it clean.

1 week later, today I have my 2nd brand new TB. Totally clean, no apps...

Just now, when I turned on my phone, I have all the apps that were downloaded on the first TB. WTH? Does this get backed up by Google? Or Verizon? I did do a backup assist, but I thought that was only for Contacts?

I know it's noob question, but this is really weird.

Can someone explain to me what's going on?

Yup aint android awesome!!!!

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
That s??t had me baffled when I completely wiped my phone and installed a ROM last week. All my apps popped back up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463