Phone Insurance

JetDr330

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of insuring my Bolt since I will have it for 2 years, just read the scam Verizon is pulling off with replacements. Is anyone using any other 3rd party plans other than Verizon and what kind of experience have you had with them?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
1) What "scam"?

2) Verizon has used Asurion for insurance for ages. That's their contracted provider. Routine. $5.18/mo for loss, damage (including $h*t water) :)

To file a claim with Asurion you go to the Asurion website, not VZW.

I believe you only have the first 30 days after device purchase to buy this insurance. After that it is not available.

-Frank

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of insuring my Bolt since I will have it for 2 years, just read the scam Verizon is pulling off with replacements. Is anyone using any other 3rd party plans other than Verizon and what kind of experience have you had with them?

Are you talking about the Droid Life article? If so, I don't think you should make decisions based on policy interpretations you see on the internet.

Also, if you are speaking about that, I interpreted it to be that if you get a CLNR and return it within 5 days and it's damaged then you pay the fee. I don't think the policy has anything to do with the fact that if you have insurance on your phone and it breaks that you'll have to be the deductible and then an additional 299. It would make the insurance worthless, which would cause everyone to stop buying it, which would cause Asurion to go out of business.

JetDr330

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the Droid Life article? If so, I don't think you should make decisions based on policy interpretations you see on the internet.

Also, if you are speaking about that, I interpreted it to be that if you get a CLNR and return it within 5 days and it's damaged then you pay the fee. I don't think the policy has anything to do with the fact that if you have insurance on your phone and it breaks that you'll have to be the deductible and then an additional 299. It would make the insurance worthless, which would cause everyone to stop buying it, which would cause Asurion to go out of business.

Yep my mis-understanding, I'll quit thinking now

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Check with your homeowners insurance, mine is insured for $1,000 cash money, covered for all faults, no deductible, and cost $27.00 per YEAR.

If it gets jacked up, I don't have to pay a deductible, and get a refurb from Verizon after paying ~$10 per month, and I can get whatever new tech if it breaks in a year instead of the old tech Thunderbolt.

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I also looked into the homeowners insurance and there was one pretty big IF. IF one of the 5 phones on the policy were to break and need replacing then we would lose the $200/yr savings we get from having no incidents and there is no way to ever get it back. Make sure to check out all terms of the policy!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
5 and change? Hmmm when I got my TB the other day and added insurance he said it was like 6.99
That's because you also purchased the additional 1 year of warranty. You could have purchased only the insurance for 5.18. I think you can still change that now if you wish.

-Frank