Voice Dialer Problems

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Can the voice dialer that came installed on the TB be calibrated? It does not understand me and as it is now is totally useless. I need to be able to voice dial from my Jawbone when I am driving. Any suggestions or recommendations?

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ditto. Using a Jawbone as well. Accuracy is terrible. It's strange because I was near 100% accuracy on my BB Storm 2 using the same Jawbone. The other thing that annoys me is that the Storm 2 would prompt me after a voice command by asking me if I said what I thought I said. The Thunderbolt simply plows forward and dials assuming it got it right. I can't figure out how to train the dialer or ask it to confirm before dialing. Any help would be appreciated.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Can the voice dialer that came installed on the TB be calibrated? It does not understand me and as it is now is totally useless. I need to be able to voice dial from my Jawbone when I am driving. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Well, HTC Headquarters is in Taiwan. So, have you tried, say... Carifornia rather than California? Or Riry Tomrin rather than Lily Tomlin? :)

-Frank

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting attempt at humor there Frank. You've managed to offend most readers in the greater Asian Pacific region in just two sentences. Well done! Full disclosure - my sister-in-law is from the Philippines so perhaps I'm overly sensitive to racial slurs directed at people from that area.

Back on topic ... I had an opportunity to test some newish bluetooth headsets from Plantronics today. One was the Voyager Pro + and the other was the Voyager Pro UC. Neither of the headsets exhibited the poor accuracy of the Jawbone. So, the accuracy issues point to an interoperability issue between the Jawbone and the TB rather than a problem inherent to the TB. My Jawbone is approximately three years old so I suppose it's time to replace it. Both Plantronics units sounded great.

wagator

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the voyager pro + since I got my TB about 2 weeks ago. Best bluetooth made IMHO. I used it with my droid. Voice dial not supported on some motorola's.

slice235

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the same poor performance with the default Voice Dialer on the TB. The dialer on my old BB Storm worked great so I expected the same with the Android system, but no such luck. After trying several dialers available on Market Place I have been using "Vlingo". I would give it a try. It does talk back and offer many options. Not as good as the old BB but workable. It is also free!

oldguy9

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
voice training

I used to have a Motorola E815 and it had voice training on it so you could train it to recognize your spoken phone book entries. I take it there is nothing similar for Android.
Nice if you were from SE Asia or Podunk, Arkansas.

The present voice dialer's I have tried SUCK.

jjcampnr

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue with a Jawbone Icon. Awesome on my BB Storm, might as well be speaking pig latin to it on the Thunderbolt. Can't stand that it just plows ahead and dials whatever it thinks I said, so many wrong numbers to random people in my contact list.

TBDreamer

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My voice dialer worked in the very beginning when I first got the TB, but then, for a while, it completely stopped working, it couldn't recognize anything I said. Once I got the OTA, I expected that bug to be fixed but it wasn't, then today it just started to work again, almost to perfection, anyone else suddenly had their voice dailer work again and know what was causing the issue?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc