Rate my battery

How's my battery life?

• Total voters

Carbon Stig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok this is my second TB...had to return the first one to wirefly (long story and big headache with wirefly). Anyways, it's ok because the battery was pretty bad with the one I got from wirefly.

Now with my second TB, the battery is lasting much better. So from your experience what do you guys think of my battery lasting 9 hrs down to 20% with moderate use. Wi-Fi on, Pandora continuously playing with headphones, CDMA w auto PRL setting (LTE turned off), some web browsing, couple of calls, lots of texting, and several use of Google maps...

EDIT: the only trick I've done to keep the battery life going is turning off the Blockbuster auto update and switching LTE on and off.

Last edited:

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Switching 4G LTE off makes all the difference for me on the stock battery. I'm in LA and get pretty good 4G coverage (2-3 bars at home and 4-5 outside) but turning it off nearly doubled my stock battery juice taking it from poor to pretty good. That's with all the other AC forum suggestions taken care of. Or...I just do whatever I want if I use my extended battery! :)

But reading some posts here makes it sound like "breaking it in" is good and it will start to get better over time. We'll see I guess.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I turned off 4G yesterday after I spent 4 hours in a 4G area with all but 17 minutes worth of that time in standby. My battery dropped from 100% to 40% and that was unacceptable. My friend who has an Evo said he has the exact same problem so I made a toggle to turn 4G on when I need it. I wish HTC would make an official toggle that would fit in with the interface (such as the other toggles).

Anyways, long story short, my battery life is excellent now. I've come to the conclusion that 4G should only be turned on when it's needed and turned off directly after.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's nuts that you guys are getting so much drain with 4G. I only drop about 1.25-1.5% per hour in 4G standby.

I wish I could explain it. I'll turn 4G back on at the end of May when it's all around Chicago and see if I do any better. I can't imagine a network draining it that much.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I turned off 4G yesterday after I spent 4 hours in a 4G area with all but 17 minutes worth of that time in standby. My battery dropped from 100% to 40% and that was unacceptable. My friend who has an Evo said he has the exact same problem so I made a toggle to turn 4G on when I need it. I wish HTC would make an official toggle that would fit in with the interface (such as the other toggles).

Anyways, long story short, my battery life is excellent now. I've come to the conclusion that 4G should only be turned on when it's needed and turned off directly after.

Damn this is confusing. 4 hours of standby took 60% of your batt! And then forgetful only loses 6% in that time. W T F.

Screw it. Tomorrow I am driving to atlanta and going to do a real test on this ****. I will leave the phone sitting in the car for a few hours and measure batt drain. Then I will do another test with weaker signal in a different area. Then I will do a test with actual data usage.

You know what I think would be interesting. Is if the power drain from 4g scales with the available bandwidth. You would think it does wouldn't you? I mean pulling 50mbps should suck way more battery than 5 right?

androidburn

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It's a 4G phone for crying out loud. That's the point of this phone. Turning it off and getting decent battery life is VERY SAD!!! It's an HTC tradition to provide batteries that are too small.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Damn this is confusing. 4 hours of standby took 60% of your batt! And then forgetful only loses 6% in that time. W T F.

Screw it. Tomorrow I am driving to atlanta and going to do a real test on this ****. I will leave the phone sitting in the car for a few hours and measure batt drain. Then I will do another test with weaker signal in a different area. Then I will do a test with actual data usage.

You know what I think would be interesting. Is if the power drain from 4g scales with the available bandwidth. You would think it does wouldn't you? I mean pulling 50mbps should suck way more battery than 5 right?

Driving around will drain more battery than standing still since the phone has to keep talking with the different radio towers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC