Ext. battery - % meter doesn't drop?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got the HTC Extended battery. After charging and using it, the % meter doesn't drop. Only after rebooting the phone does the percentage then suddenly drop.

I just used the phone browsing the web/using apps for a few hours. The battery read 25% with a yellow battery indicator in the upper right hand corner the whole time. After rebooting it, it dropped straight to 8% and turned red.

This didn't happen at all with the OEM battery.

Anybody have this problem?

EDIT: I did search here using several different terms and nothing came up for the TBolt so if I missed something, my apologies.

Last edited:

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
O got one today and notice d same thing but for me it also happen with the oem also

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yeabuddi

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me to.
Its because its used to the smaller battery.
After about 2 charges it will work fine.
(then when you switch back to standard it does the same thing)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This happend a few Times with the stock battery, and a reboot fixed it like 1 out of 3 times.
Hasnt happened in a week or so, tho.

psufan5

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nothing fixes it for me. Went through 2 full charge cycles and still doesnt work. HTC firmware issue that needs fixing... Thats about all you can say.

ricebw

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be working...

There's another thread on the same topic ... but I switched to the ext batt and the indicator stopped working completely -- actually it would increase on charge but not decrease during the day with use. Now after 3 overnight charge cycles, it seems to be working (dropping) again.

This is good but I have a feeling that going back and forth between the slim and ext batteries is going to render the indicator useless. I thought the batteries were "smarter" and fed info to the device.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante