Thunderbolt Screen VS EVO Screen

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is a look at the differences. Both phones are at full brightness. The EVO (on the right) is much brighter. Also notice how dim the bottom function keys are vs the Evo.
Now look at the second set of pictures the EVO has 4 LEDs one for each of the lower function keys while the Thunderbolt employs only two, this is why you have some keys only half lit up on the Bolt.

Click on photo to enlarge.

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It may be brighter but thatll have an impact on battery life. No? I came from a DX. The Tbolt screen is like watching bluray compared to dvd.

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

Reactions: samuraifortruth

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Gotta admit, much more detail/depth/true color representation on the tbolt. Brighter no, better yes IMO. Tux for the comparison. I can do one with the dx if u guys want.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ThomasT626

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Previously having the EVO, I can definitely give the edge to the Tbolt. It has a much warmer look and colors have more pop to them.

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I talked about this in ny first impressions post. The EVO has had server revisions since launch with either 2 or 3 different displays (manufactured by different companies). Hardware revision 003 was thought to be the best because it reproduced colors more naturally than the others. Mine was 003 with the Nova display while my fiancees was 002. Hers was a more vivid screen with a "cool" blueish hue. My EVO was not as bold and had a "warm" hue. My point is, the version the OP has is going to determine how it compares to the TBolt while my EVO would give a completely different comparison as would my fiancees. I find the TB produces a pinkish tint when viewing webpages and photos.