1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    None

Default Thunderbolt Screen VS EVO Screen

Here is a look at the differences. Both phones are at full brightness. The EVO (on the right) is much brighter. Also notice how dim the bottom function keys are vs the Evo.
    Now look at the second set of pictures the EVO has 4 LEDs one for each of the lower function keys while the Thunderbolt employs only two, this is why you have some keys only half lit up on the Bolt.

Click on photo to enlarge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thunderbolt Screen VS EVO Screen-002.jpg   Thunderbolt Screen VS EVO Screen-003.jpg   Thunderbolt Screen VS EVO Screen-004.jpg  
    Last edited by AndroidXTC; 04-02-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Nice comparison! Although I don't mind the darker colors

By the way, greetings from Romeoville!
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

It may be brighter but thatll have an impact on battery life. No? I came from a DX. The Tbolt screen is like watching bluray compared to dvd.

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
    Thanked by:

Gotta admit, much more detail/depth/true color representation on the tbolt. Brighter no, better yes IMO. Tux for the comparison. I can do one with the dx if u guys want.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Previously having the EVO, I can definitely give the edge to the Tbolt. It has a much warmer look and colors have more pop to them.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasT626 View Post
    Previously having the EVO, I can definitely give the edge to the Tbolt. It has a much warmer look and colors have more pop to them.
    Yes I agree. The thunderbolt is adjusted better for brightness and contrast. The EVO looks washed out at times.

I'm looking at those pics on ym calibrated plasma and the evo colors are way too cool.

TB screen is clearly more crisp and a better overall screen. Don't care at all about how bright it can get.

ROM
    Do I Need one??

I talked about this in ny first impressions post. The EVO has had server revisions since launch with either 2 or 3 different displays (manufactured by different companies). Hardware revision 003 was thought to be the best because it reproduced colors more naturally than the others. Mine was 003 with the Nova display while my fiancees was 002. Hers was a more vivid screen with a "cool" blueish hue. My EVO was not as bold and had a "warm" hue. My point is, the version the OP has is going to determine how it compares to the TBolt while my EVO would give a completely different comparison as would my fiancees. I find the TB produces a pinkish tint when viewing webpages and photos.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,601 Global Posts

The TB's screen looks so amazing. Is it SLCD? Even after 2 weeks I'm impressed every time I look at it.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I like the TB better with the darker colors.......never looked at my bolt from that angle,Thanks.