Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alternating led light

My phone is alternately flashing the green and orange led light. Anyone know what's going on?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mine does that when I get an email or text pull down your notification bar.. if its not there check everywhere... Hope that helps
    Ronin
    Samuraifortruth.wordpress.com

I think Green for fully charged and notifications and orange for when it's currently charging.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

if your phone is charging u will have soild orange led and if u get a notification (if you have this option on) it will blink green to tell u u have a notification then back to orange to say its charging. also if ur under 25% battery life it will blink orange and again if u have a notification it will alternate to green.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Also, I read that if your battery is overheating, or you are in an error condition, it will keep blinking green/red until you turn it off/pull battery, or whatever is required to correct the situation.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Maybe it was overheating since i was streaming some online music and playing a game at the same time. Although i wouldn't think that should overheat the phone that much....

Quote Originally Posted by Edwill86 View Post
    if your phone is charging u will have soild orange led and if u get a notification (if you have this option on) it will blink green to tell u u have a notification then back to orange to say its charging. also if ur under 25% battery life it will blink orange and again if u have a notification it will alternate to green.
    Where is this option? I have never seen it. Mine stays orange while charging and never blinks or shows any notifications.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    Where is this option? I have never seen it. Mine stays orange while charging and never blinks or shows any notifications.
    every application with notifications has this setting.

for example:

open the Gmail app.
    hit menu
    settings then scroll down u will see a check box for LED notification around where the you would select a ringtone an viberation.

repeat for any other app u wish to customize notifications for.

(Facebook, twitter, messages, ect)
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Edwill86 View Post
    every application with notifications has this setting.

for example:

open the Gmail app.
    hit menu
    settings then scroll down u will see a check box for LED notification around where the you would select a ringtone an viberation.

repeat for any other app u wish to customize notifications for.

(Facebook, twitter, messages, ect)
    I understand that's how you turn on LED notifications... but they do NOT flash on my phone while it's charging. It stays solid orange or green.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

But if you get below a certain percentage it will blink giving you a notification you are going into power saving mode. It will not do this if on the charger.^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jigz23 View Post
    Maybe it was overheating since i was streaming some online music and playing a game at the same time. Although i wouldn't think that should overheat the phone that much....
    Were u charging it at the same time?

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

I understand that's how you turn on LED notifications... but they do NOT flash on my phone while it's charging. It stays solid orange or green.
    same here.
    mine stays orange while charging, and will not alternate between email/text notification LED flashes and charging LED flashes...

it was about this time on my last phone (Evo) that someone discovered the extra WiMax notifier in the right corner of the speaker bar & created an app to flash that LED for texts while charging...now if only someone would discover the LTE comparable hidden LED on the TB
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by theGman911 View Post
    Were u charging it at the same time?

Yup

I had this happen when I had the mobile hotspot running while plugged in. And thinking about it now, it was crazy hot and was losing battery while plugged in. So it would make sense that it would be due to overheating. It seems kind of odd that a notification wouldn't pop up on screen though.
    Moto V300 - Moto E815 - LG VX8600 - Moto Krave - Blackberry Pearl 8130 - Moto Droid - HTC Thunderbolt - galaxy nexus

The LED on this phone is pretty close to useless. It'd be great if it had more colors.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Agreed. Same here.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Howdy,

Under Messages > Menu > More > Settings I do not have the option to have it notify me when I receive a message with the LED. Is it located somewhere else?

The same is true for gmail, however I notice it was mentioned as being available higher up in this thread.

opossum

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by opossum View Post
    Howdy,

Under Messages > Menu > More > Settings I do not have the option to have it notify me when I receive a message with the LED. Is it located somewhere else?

The same is true for gmail, however I notice it was mentioned as being available higher up in this thread.

opossum
    it will not be under the Messages or Email App settings

Instead, go here:
    home screen>menu>settings>display>notification flash> choose Missed call, SMS/MMS, Email, Voice Mail, Reminders, Alarms

this area allows you to enable LED flashes for both Email & Texts

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

More and more professional led lights tech information on the topledsupplier website. :www.topledsupplier.com

A new way to lights up your life for led lights.
    LED Grow lights
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,543 Global Posts

Overheated battery is the winner.