My Phone takes a Hard Fall Today 4 Ft To Ceramic Tile

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It hit in the corner of where the front camera is, with the Verizon TPU case on it and not a single mark on the phone at all. So I would say the TPU cases are darn good crash protection for the phone. FYI the sound this thing makes hitting a hard surface is not pretty.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It hit in the corner of where the front camera is, with the Verizon TPU case on it and not a single mark on the phone at all. So I would say the TPU cases are darn good crash protection for the phone. FYI the sound this thing makes hitting a hard surface is not pretty.
After hearing that sound, was your ambulance ride to the ER covered by your insurance? :)

-Frank

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Oh man I was at school and did the same thing. It was about 5:30 PM so there were only maybe 8-10 other people in the little school "cafe" I was at. 4 ft drop off of the table made a GIANT echoing smack, I saw three people whip their heads around quick lol.

Landed face down, perfectly flat with the Verizon double cover (silicone covered by flexible plastic) and not a scratch was on it after. That silicone absorbed every ounce of the smack lol

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
LOL yeah same here. Had it between my legs on the seat in the car. Forgot, got out and the phone fell on the corner then landing on its back in the street. Its fine :) had the Verizon double case at the time too. This was like day 2 or 3 of owning it LOL. Go me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, performed my first UIT (Unintentional Impact Test) yesterday. Hauling stuff to the car and snagged the belt clip on my Verizon case sending the TBolt flying into the driveway. Seriously ill feeling until I picked it up and saw all was well. <phew>

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That's good it survived, I thought this was another "I dropped my tbolt and the screen broke" threads that blame the glass for not being strong enough.

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes the thud is horrible till you here the one that cracks the screen adds that cracking glass hollow sound to the the thud.

baztekdroid

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Two days ago, my precious Thunderbolt took a spill onto the ceramic tile and while it did survive the impact, it was not totally unscathed. It did not have a case one it and it impacted on the bottom corner by the search button resulting in a hair line crack in the corner. Needless to say I was to angry at myself to speak. But TB is still working great and you can bet there is a case on it now.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's funny nowadays, people treat their phones hitting the floor the same as their child hitting the floor. I'm guilty of the same thing.

kids take longer to replace (nine months) and longer to reload all the data you had uploaded into them. And there's no guarantee the new one will work the same as the old one.

Reactions: tombey12

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781