Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default End Call w/ Power Button - Possible??

Many Froyo phones have the option to use the power button to disconnect a call, but this option is missing on the Thunderbolt under Accessibility...anyone know how to make it appear?

I loved this option on my Droid X.

Thanks!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

It's not a feature with HTC.. The power button is used for waking up the phone. You can use an app like Spare Parts but you will need to adjust a few settings within the app. Pressing the power button will end the call which you may not want, if you just need to wake up the screen for something while on a call. You will have to set another key to wake up the phone.

Another possible way would be if you are rooted and use a custom ROM. Cyanogen Mod has the built in feature for using the power button to end calls, once again though you will need to use some kind of app or widget if you are just looking to wake up the phone while on a call.
    Regular lawnmower man...

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow... that's in 2.2 AOSP. Why would they strip out a feature like that?

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7 RC1.8

It's HTC and they want their phones to work a certain way.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    It's not a feature with HTC.. The power button is used for waking up the phone. You can use an app like Spare Parts but you will need to adjust a few settings within the app. Pressing the power button will end the call which you may not want, if you just need to wake up the screen for something while on a call. You will have to set another key to wake up the phone.

Another possible way would be if you are rooted and use a custom ROM. Cyanogen Mod has the built in feature for using the power button to end calls, once again though you will need to use some kind of app or widget if you are just looking to wake up the phone while on a call.
    Thanks Cyber..you confirmed my suspicions.

It's too bad that these apps can't dual purpose the button. On my Droid X, I'm positive I could use the Power Button to wake up the phone, and then hit it a second time to disconnect. Oh well.

I KNOW I had this option on the G2 (from HTC) because I activated it and then decided I didn't like it... and it wasn't in the accessibility settings. But, for the life of me I can't seem to find it on the 'bolt or remember exactly where it was on the G2 (which I no longer have).

Are we sure it's not there in the 'bolt or sense UI?

FYI, one of the reasons I hated it on the G2 was because to save power I'd put my Display timeout to short duration, then I could not "wake" my phone to check out something without ending my call too. Frustrating.

Default Re: End Call w/ Power Button - Possible??

from the settings/accessibility/end call with power button you can da that, but you need the google talkback app before you see this option under accessibility

Default Re: End Call w/ Power Button - Possible??

Quote Originally Posted by dutchbrown View Post
    FYI, one of the reasons I hated it on the G2 was because to save power I'd put my Display timeout to short duration, then I could not "wake" my phone to check out something without ending my call too. Frustrating.
    And with the ability to surf and talk at the same time, it'd be a really bad idea to make the power button also be the end call button!!