What is your problem?

samuraifortruth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok everyone let's try something new..
I love my thunderbolt completely. I know that a lot of people on here have thousands of complaints and issues. It seems like everyone who has posted something great or that they have no issues with the bolt and out of the woods runs a horde of people all screaming that its a pos or that its got three million problems. So here's the deal and this is just for the people who love the bolt and have not had any real big issues. What if any thing about the bolt do you not like?
For instance I got the bolt after having the Motorola Droid 2. And the bolt is so much cleaner and better than the Motorola Droid in my opinion.
The one issue I have is I don't like the phone so much. I prefer the phone setup the Droid had better. I don't know really why other than the fact that I got used to it. The phone interface on the bolt just seems lacking to me.

So there you go all what is your opinion or issue about the bolt compared to your old phone?
Thanks all
Ronin

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I miss my old camera button from my OG Droid. The rest of my issues I think will be solved in updates/when CM7 comes out. But that camera button will remain gone until my upgrade in 10 months. <3 Camera Button :(

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok everyone let's try something new..
I love my thunderbolt completely. I know that a lot of people on here have thousands of complaints and issues. It seems like everyone who has posted something great or that they have no issues with the bolt and out of the woods runs a horde of people all screaming that its a pos or that its got three million problems. So here's the deal and this is just for the people who love the bolt and have not had any real big issues. What if any thing about the bolt do you not like?
For instance I got the bolt after having the Motorola Droid 2. And the bolt is so much cleaner and better than the Motorola Droid in my opinion.
The one issue I have is I don't like the phone so much. I prefer the phone setup the Droid had better. I don't know really why other than the fact that I got used to it. The phone interface on the bolt just seems lacking to me.

So there you go all what is your opinion or issue about the bolt compared to your old phone?
Thanks all
Ronin

Search the marrket for "dialer" and see if there is a third party one to your liking. You do understand though that since Sense is so integrated you may not be able to use the buttom in the launcher to open the replacement dialer without switching to a new launcher and thus loosing Sense and all of it's widgets which were major selling points for the phone.

For me it is a few minor things:

1. Battery life could be better but is no where near as bad as it is being made out to be (non 4G area). I did get the OEM extended life battery but only so I just don't have to worry about it anymore.
2. The power button is harder to push than I would like but not really as bad as it is sometimes made out to be (IN MY EXPERIENCE)
3. I wish the USB port was on the bottom (like the Evo) instead of the side, but I understand this is for the charging stand (which still isnt available)
4. I wish Friend-stream included MySpace. I never actually visit that site anymore but still have friends on it, would be nice to be able to keep in touch with them.
5. Needs LED Light for notifications
6. Miss the trackpad from the DInc
7. Miss the task manager of the Galaxy S series
8. Would rather have the shottcuts to turn of WiFi, GPS, Sync, etc at the top of the notification bar instead of your running apps (like Gaxy S)

None of these are major and I haven't even considered returning the phone.

Reactions: samuraifortruth

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I love my Tbolt. Coming from a droidX. I've had about 4 Android devices in a span of about a year and a half. I love my Tbolt and would not trade it for anything

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

ShamelessMT

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I too miss having a camera button, but that's not a deal breaker. What really drives me nutty is the volume buttons that i bump all the time. With RingGuard on I not only have to listen to the stupid little chirp every time I bump the volume, now i have to see a flippin' popup. I've also noticed that even with the screen lock on if you bump the power button and the volume simultaneously the volume will change and the phone makes that annoying chirp sound.

Somebody please tell me that they can disable the stupid volume button and restore my sanity.

Other than that, I love the phone and everything about it. No problems with the battery (I am in a 3G only area though) and Android is everything I expected (came from WM 6.5).

Last edited:

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Any issue I've had, I've been able to fix through rooting, flashing, and market apps. I had it overclocked, but until I find a good battery life kernel, it was eating the battery too quick. I really like this phone!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dwalker

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you about the phone part. I came from a fascinate and liked the contacts and dialer much better than the one on the bolt. I've been using GO contacts and dialer from the market. You can set as default for the phone button on the homescreen. It's not perfect, but I think it's better than what comes on the Bolt.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I am coming from an Eris (bought day 1). Previously i have had palms, windows and blackberries. I had been with blackberry for about 5 years. I am a phone junkie (as my kids say) and like to switch up often (every 6 months or so).

All that to say that since coming to android, i don't want to switch phones that often. I can change up anything i like as often as i want. I kept my Eris longer than i have had any phone EVER (in nearly 18 years of cell phone use) . Yes, it was slow and laggy. But it worked great for me. But after i got tired of the stock/Sense in about 6 months... i rooted. There... New phone ;) I looked at all the new phones that were coming out. If i saw something that i thought i needed, i checked into it and i could basically already do that with the Eris and and app. Then i saw the TB

All that to say... I love this phone!!! Battery life for me is not perfect, but has constantly gotten better. I despise VZW bloatware, but you get that on any of their handsets. The phone is solid for me. I have none of the major issues/defects that some here have. It is always a crapshoot with a new deivce, so i got lucky there i am sure.

But the 1 thing i dislike is that i have this awesome 4 g phone and live NOWHERE near a 4 g location!!!

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have owned 10 Smartphones going back to the original Treo. They have included WinMo, BB, INC and TB. As much as I loved my INC the TB speed and screen size was with the upgrade line but the best upgrade is the telephone performance itself. Calls are plenty lots and very crisp. The speaker is outstanding. I have no problem with People and the stock HTC dialer.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
3. I wish the USB port was on the bottom (like the Evo) instead of the side, but I understand this is for the charging stand (which still isnt available)

None of these are major and I haven't even considered returning the phone.[/QUOTE]

Putting it on the bottom would not have worked either, it would be in the way when do video calls when using the kick stand in the upright position.

It should either have been on top or on the opposite side it is on now.

The power button should have been on the opposite side of the volume rocker, it's too hard to reach as it is now with one hand. In fact if they had switched (easier said than done, I know) the power button/ USB port positions it would be easier to wakeup and unlock the phone with one hand AND the USB plug would not have interfered with either of the two kickstand positions.

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No phone is perfect. The Bolt is my my 7th smartphone and it is far and away the best I've owned. I'd move the charging port and give it a bigger battery if I could, but this is a great phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So far the pros far outweigh the cons. Previous phone was a serviceable Accolade 3G flipphone with a tiny screen. I LOVE the TBolt! Nothing is perfect, so there is always room for improvement.

Only a few annoyances so far.
A few apps like Words With Friends and IMDB crash, but this probably is a problem with the app, not the phone.
Was annoying that out of the box you need to configure an app from bankrupt Blockbuster or your battery dies. Since the thing kills batteries without even being used, makes me leary of using the app. Would have rather seen streaming/downloading apps from Netflix, Amazon, or iTunes included.
Don't understand why DNLA only currently works with downloaded content. Would love to use my phone to rent HD movies and watch on a TV or watch YouTube videos with friends on the TV. If this was intentional then streaming video rental companies are missing out on revenue by crippling the device. Hopefully it's just because the phone is new and updated apps will remedy this soon.
Only played around a little with video recording, but the sound playback being too quiet really sucks. Hopefully this will be fixed too.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR