Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By leehblanc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Corrupted photos or deleted images in gallery

Sometimes when I take photos they disappear from the gallery. But going in to a file manager, I can still see them in the images folder. What gives?

Also, sometimes after shooting some pics, I go back in to gallery and see a strange icon where there used to be a thumbnail and the photo I used to see there, is now gone. What's up with that?
    T-Mobile: HTC One | Nexus 4 | Former iPhone user

I'm not sure what causes it, but here's something that may work to get the photos to show again. Open your file manager and go to sdcard/dcim/.thumbnails. Delete all of the thumbnail files and go back to the gallery. The phone will recreate thumbnails for the photos and everything should reappear. I hope this helps.

There is an app in the market called SDRescan. It does what it says... rescans the SD card. I've noticed that pictures sometimes don't show up when loaded, but they ARE there if I use a file explorer. SDRescan always fixes this for me.
    Please Thank me or Add to my Reputation if I've helped you!
    Thanked by 2:
    Andy9 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by leehblanc View Post
    There is an app in the market called SDRescan. It does what it says... rescans the SD card. I've noticed that pictures sometimes don't show up when loaded, but they ARE there if I use a file explorer. SDRescan always fixes this for me.
    That did it. Thanks!
    T-Mobile: HTC One | Nexus 4 | Former iPhone user

Default Re: Corrupted photos or deleted images in gallery

My whole camera album is lost and it does not show any of my camera pictures. How can I recover my those pictures?

Default Re: Corrupted photos or deleted images in gallery

Awesome! I did not properly unmount my sd card and lost some pics. This restored them all! Thanks leehblanc!!!