Screen Randomly Turns On

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this happen? My phones screen will just randomly turn on. I figured maybe i got a message or something is syncing. But nothing. And ive had 2 Thunderbolts now and they both did the same thing. It's not a big deal, its just very odd.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My phone has never turned on by itself I'm guessing you have an application downloaded that is waking your phone. Can you remember what apps you downloaded before this started happening.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone has never turned on by itself I'm guessing you have an application downloaded that is waking your phone. Can you remember what apps you downloaded before this started happening.

I think Mclarryjr has got this right. Mine has never done it either. Im guessing, although nothing is set to sync at the time, some app has to be waking up the screen.

Are you using a custom launcher or Rom?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope because i cant root. Only apps i have are doubletwist, ebay, paypal, ringtone maker, tango, tapatalk, wells fargo, youtube, and airsync.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
look out woke mine up to do a back up. the screen turned on and i has the same reaction. then I saw in the notification bar it was "backing up"

do you have Lookout or backup assistant running? check when they are set to run. maybe thats what happened?

Last edited:

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure mine did this once when I was stock. It hasn't happened since I've installed a custom ROM. It might be one of the bloatwares phoning home or something.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
look out woke mine up to do a back up. the screen turned on and i has the same reaction. then I saw in the notification bar it was "backing up"

do you have Lookout or backup assistant running? check when they are set to run. maybe thats what happened?

I do have backup assistant running. Let me see if that stops it.