SMS/e-mail notifictions at night

EeyoreDNL

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a longtime BB user and still try to find BB functionalities on the TB. I use my TB as an alarm clock. My old BB had a night stand mode. In this mode messages and e-mails would not trigger notification vibration and sound. Can this be done on the TB? Also, does anyone have a good alarm clock app?

Thanks!

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you choose "clock" from the list of applications, you will see a moon and star. I believe if you choose that the screen dims and it silences alerts. You can also find the built in alarm clock in this area. But if you wanted a different one and that's why you are asking I have heard good things about "gentle alarm" in the market.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Good Alarm clock app... use HTC's alarm clock in the clock widget... works great.

As far as the BB user... ya, I had a couple before leaving the BB world... I use an app called Ring Scheduler to flip my phone into Silent mode at night, then back to whatever mode I wanted a specific time in the morning... alarms will go off in Silent mode, so the alarm clock works great... and I can sleep through the night without getting any email notifications.

*** EDIT: There is a setting in the Alarm: Alarm in silent mode... make sure that is checked.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
There are two listed on market under this name. One by farproc (free) the other by CellAvant 9$0.99). Which one do you use?

Thanks!

I have been using the free one from farproc... works great. I really like it because I can have it go into Vibrate at work, and Normal at the time I leave work and go home, then Silent at night... and then whatever I want on the weekend.

Hope this helps.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a longtime BB user and still try to find BB functionalities on the TB. I use my TB as an alarm clock. My old BB had a night stand mode. In this mode messages and e-mails would not trigger notification vibration and sound. Can this be done on the TB? Also, does anyone have a good alarm clock app?

Thanks!

I was looking for the same thing - it's frustrating coming from a BB, you have to hunt and tests dozens of apps just to do what came standard on a BB.

I guess Droid users love that kind of thing. I didn't know it would take weeks to set up this phone with apps just to get it as useable as my BB.

Droid world is very different and is taking time to adjust.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I was looking for the same thing - it's frustrating coming from a BB, you have to hunt and tests dozens of apps just to do what came standard on a BB.

I guess Droid users love that kind of thing. I didn't know it would take weeks to set up this phone with apps just to get it as useable as my BB.

Droid world is very different and is taking time to adjust.

Interesting interpretation... I guess there is always the BB world... they have not gone under... but there is only ONE manufacturer of BB's.

And it only took me a day to get my Android to do everything and more than my BB ever could do... but again, interesting interpretation.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Another one is Timeriffic. Works just as fatboy97 suggests also.

I use Timeriffic and it works great. You can set a time for it to mute certain alerts, dim the screen, etc. I have mine set to mute all notifications but the phone ringer at night then at 6:00AM to unmute all notifications.

I came from a Blackberry and was spoiled that you can set the phone to go into bedside mode once you plug it in, the Timeriffic one works similar but you just have to settle with it setting at a specific time rather then when you plug the phone in to charge.

EDIT: The program is also always running in the background so you never have to start the application before going to bed, it just monitors the clock like the alarm and no, it does't use up battery life from my testing of it.

doibug2

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I found a app called llama. It can control almost every setting based on a bunch of different paramaters.

The main point of the program is to use cell towers to automactially change your profiles to do what you want. It's great for work, as it will always put my phone to silent when I move into range of the cell tower near my work. Then once I leave work it will go to loud.

It also has quiet times you can setup. It's one of the best apps I found so far, I came from a curve,tour,storm, so I know what you are going through.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Always interesting looking at other peoples suggestions for the same thing. I thought I'd do a quick review... all IMHO... and by the way I don't like to pay for something I can get for free.

Locale - NOT Free = NO WAY, interesting app, but way too much money when I can do what I need to with free apps.

Bedside (Night Clock) - Not Free = I don't use a bedside clock, and HTC has a bedside clock built in... I guess it might be useful if I needed this at different times.

Ring Scheduler - Free = very simple to setup, silent will work for night.

Timeriffic - Free = very interesting, it does a few more things including Airplane mode (saves battery at night), Wifi control and a few other things... worth checking out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800