Anyone Else Suddenly Living In Novato Ca.?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The last few days my location has been in error. Seems the phone wants me to live in Northern Ca. Chicago must be to cold for it. Even if I put the GPS full on and do a refresh it still says im in Novato Ca. Anyone else?

Last edited:

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This seems to constantly be an issue. I'm having the same problem and while i live in north jersey it sometimes switches me to Scottsdale, AZ. If it were bouncing me in different places I might just think something was messing it up, but as it is the same place every single time, I am beginning to think there is a real issue here. I thought it may just be a weather widget issue but I realized my system clock was also switched due to time zones....

dp3103

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. I live in central IL and one day it will have my city correct, but then the next (such as today) it will have "Bon Wier" or "Texas". I open the weather up and refresh it as well, and still nothing. It'd be nice if it actually showed my current city's weather consistently...

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
New California ploy to make money. You'll be getting an income tax statement in about a week...

You might download GPS Status from the Market and let it run. It might locate you relative to the sats and, hopefully, impart that info. What are you using that's giving the error, Maps?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm I open the weather up and refresh it as well, and still nothing. It'd be nice if it actually showed my current city's weather consistently...

I quit using the weather widget because it always did the same thing. I've had no problem with either The Weather Channel or USA Today and they consistenly show when I move between home and work.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
New California ploy to make money. You'll be getting an income tax statement in about a week...

You might download GPS Status from the Market and let it run. It might locate you relative to the sats and, hopefully, impart that info. What are you using that's giving the error, Maps?

The standard HTC weather widget but sometimes WeatherBug also goes wonky and displays the same city.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The last few days my location has been in error. Seems the phone wants me to live in Northern Ca. Chicago must be to cold for it. Even if I put the GPS full on and do a refresh it still says im in Novato Ca. Anyone else?

this has to be my favorite topic subject line yet.
well done.

mine did this for a while, as i showed up in Oklahoma for about 4 hours. but mine reset itself after i connected to WiFi.

wedge40

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem last week.. I shut the phone off and back on and it fixed it.
My clock was off by 3 hours.. I'm using the beautiful Widgets.

chowder_pants

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I live in northern Illinois and my location was listed as "Tullahoma" (Tennessee from what I could gather).I talked to the guys at Verizon and they said that it was because I am close to a 4G area and that the phone is getting confused bouncing between 3G and 4G. The only way I was able to get mine fixed was to go for a drive

Martin23kings

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue i fixed it by going to settings/apps/manage apps/ then look for htc clock and just clear the data also go back to the weather screen and delete any cities it has on there saved

crazy.mama#AC

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I, along with my hubby and several co-workers, have been in Gallup,NM since Friday. (really in Idaho) I have tried all the tricks listed here and in other threads but no permanent results. Any help? I don't get why this is so hard!

chowder_pants

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I, along with my hubby and several co-workers, have been in Gallup,NM since Friday. (really in Idaho) I have tried all the tricks listed here and in other threads but no permanent results. Any help? I don't get why this is so hard!

I spoke with the tech support at Verizon on Saturday about this. I was told that HTC has this listed as a known issue and should be fixed with the next update... when that is happening, I have no idea

Reactions: crazy.mama#AC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie