Free LTE switch on the Market.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
BGR tested about an app that toggles LTE radio. Not a widget though.
Might save some batt in non-LTE areas, like mine.
LTEonOFF

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
No... sorry, but I disagree with this APP, if you want to call it an app.

What I really think we need is a Widget from VZW or a good programmer that will turn LTE on and off... not an app that will open up the options and allow someone to make a mistake... and then not know what they need to set something to to get them back to LTE.

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
You guys are all ******ed. The app in question is by TeamAndIRC and was made to stop people from buying apps that do the same thing for 99 cents. The point was to get some recognition so that people would download the free toggle instead of the crappy paid ones. The app is like 6 lines of code. A true toggle is gonna take some extra time.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You guys are all ******ed. The app in question is by TeamAndIRC and was made to stop people from buying apps that do the same thing for 99 cents. The point was to get some recognition so that people would download the free toggle instead of the crappy paid ones. The app is like 6 lines of code. A true toggle is gonna take some extra time.

It's NOT a Toggle app.... it's an app that opens your Dialer and dials *#*#4636#*#*

That's all it does. It's free... no App Required.

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
It's NOT a Toggle app.... it's an app that opens your Dialer and dials *#*#4636#*#*

You missed my point and are being far to literal. Just because its not a button that auto switches everything, doesn't mean its not toggling something. Again though, my point was that this app was made as a quality, free option to open the radio info settings page. Go on AndIRC chat and ask jcase what his intentions are, or go read the tweets from TeamAndIRC and you'll see what I've been saying.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You missed my point and are being far to literal. Just because its not a button that auto switches everything, doesn't mean its not toggling something. Again though, my point was that this app was made as a quality, free option to open the radio info settings page. Go on AndIRC chat and ask jcase what his intentions are, or go read the tweets from TeamAndIRC and you'll see what I've been saying.

Sorry... I must be "all ******ed."

failsafe

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

It's a shortcut for people who don't want to dial *#*#4636#*#*. AndIRC put it out because all the others were charging $0.99. It is free and AndIRC thought it should stay that way- just making it easier.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a shortcut for people who don't want to dial *#*#4636#*#*. AndIRC put it out because all the others were charging $0.99. It is free and AndIRC thought it should stay that way- just making it easier.

As I've pointed out at least a dozen times on this forum, THIS APP does the same thing and has been free since last year.

Who is pouring the Kool Ade, cause alot of you people are drinking it by the gallon?

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
As I've pointed out at least a dozen times on this forum, THIS APP does the same thing and has been free since last year.

Who is pouring the Kool Ade, cause alot of you people are drinking it by the gallon?

As long as both apps are free, your point is irrelevant. It ain't Kool Ade unless someone's making a buck from it. Woopedeedoo.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
What a horrible app description. Blah

It's a shortcut button that takes you to the Phone Information menu. At least they don't lie and call it an LTE Switch, and then still take you the Phone Information menu.

As long as both apps are free, your point is irrelevant. It ain't Kool Ade unless someone's making a buck from it. Woopedeedoo.

Apparently every major blog I read has made a buck on it, because they're hyping this particular app over another that has been around forever. Hence the point of my first post. *headdesk*

Speaking of descriptions, what kind of respectable developer rips other apps and reviewers in their product description? Oh, this godsend phone info menu shortcut app from an IRC channel, that's who.

Reactions: Puterguru

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
To get your name out. How is that hard to understand?

Considering that without andirc, if you are rooted, you wouldn't be. I don't think they need to get their name out. Most likely the reason they are getting the exposure is because they rooted and got s-off for the TBolt within 24 hours of it being released and have shown some of the top support for the TBolt.

failsafe

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It's probably being blogged about because the Thunderbolt was just released and a bunch of people were asking for a method to turn off 4G. If you search 4G switch/toggle most of the apps cost $0.99. AndIRC thought people shouldn't have to pay for something that is free anyway. AndIRC is not making money on a free app.

To get your name out. How is that hard to understand?
They don't need a free app to get publicity- Most people in this community know who they are as they were the first ones to root the Thunderbolt.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
They don't need a free app to get publicity- Most people in this community know who they are as they were the first ones to root the Thunderbolt.

If that was the case, then most people in the community would also not need a front page story telling them about something that's been out in one form or another for free for a long time.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a shortcut button that takes you to the Phone Information menu. At least they don't lie and call it an LTE Switch, and then still take you the Phone Information menu.

Apparently every major blog I read has made a buck on it, because they're hyping this particular app over another that has been around forever. Hence the point of my first post. *headdesk*

Speaking of descriptions, what kind of respectable developer rips other apps and reviewers in their product description? Oh, this godsend phone info menu shortcut app from an IRC channel, that's who.

I could not agree with you more. I've been using that FREE phone info app now for two or three weeks, works perfect.

Reactions: paulmike3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX