Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Thumbs up Free LTE switch on the Market.

    BGR tested about an app that toggles LTE radio. Not a widget though.
    Might save some batt in non-LTE areas, like mine.
    LTEonOFF
  2. #2  

    Default

    I think the creator of this app paid all these blogs to run stories about it. have been around since last year, but you don't see front page stories on them.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    I think the creator of this app paid all these blogs to run stories about it. have been around since last year, but you don't see front page stories on them.
    I agree...not quite sure why this is such a big deal. LOL.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I keep my 4G on all the time that is what I'm paying for; but this looks like something we needed for the get go!
    To live and die in L.A.
  5. #5  

    Default

    No... sorry, but I disagree with this APP, if you want to call it an app.

    What I really think we need is a Widget from VZW or a good programmer that will turn LTE on and off... not an app that will open up the options and allow someone to make a mistake... and then not know what they need to set something to to get them back to LTE.
  6. #6  
    jeffnucci's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    You guys are all ******ed. The app in question is by TeamAndIRC and was made to stop people from buying apps that do the same thing for 99 cents. The point was to get some recognition so that people would download the free toggle instead of the crappy paid ones. The app is like 6 lines of code. A true toggle is gonna take some extra time.
    -Verizon Moto X 16GB Black. I should have done Moto Maker...
    -iMac 21.5" Early-2009 running 10.9
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnucci View Post
    You guys are all ******ed. The app in question is by TeamAndIRC and was made to stop people from buying apps that do the same thing for 99 cents. The point was to get some recognition so that people would download the free toggle instead of the crappy paid ones. The app is like 6 lines of code. A true toggle is gonna take some extra time.
    It's NOT a Toggle app.... it's an app that opens your Dialer and dials *#*#4636#*#*

    That's all it does. It's free... no App Required.
  8. #8  
    jeffnucci's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    It's NOT a Toggle app.... it's an app that opens your Dialer and dials *#*#4636#*#*

    That's all it does. It's free... no App Required.
    You missed my point and are being far to literal. Just because its not a button that auto switches everything, doesn't mean its not toggling something. Again though, my point was that this app was made as a quality, free option to open the radio info settings page. Go on AndIRC chat and ask jcase what his intentions are, or go read the tweets from TeamAndIRC and you'll see what I've been saying.
    -Verizon Moto X 16GB Black. I should have done Moto Maker...
    -iMac 21.5" Early-2009 running 10.9
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnucci View Post
    You missed my point and are being far to literal. Just because its not a button that auto switches everything, doesn't mean its not toggling something. Again though, my point was that this app was made as a quality, free option to open the radio info settings page. Go on AndIRC chat and ask jcase what his intentions are, or go read the tweets from TeamAndIRC and you'll see what I've been saying.
    Sorry... I must be "all ******ed."
  10. #10  
    failsafe's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    ROM
    Stock-debloat/Adryn 4.3b

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    It's NOT a Toggle app.... it's an app that opens your Dialer and dials *#*#4636#*#*

    That's all it does. It's free... no App Required.
    It's a shortcut for people who don't want to dial *#*#4636#*#*. AndIRC put it out because all the others were charging $0.99. It is free and AndIRC thought it should stay that way- just making it easier.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by failsafe View Post
    It's a shortcut for people who don't want to dial *#*#4636#*#*. AndIRC put it out because all the others were charging $0.99. It is free and AndIRC thought it should stay that way- just making it easier.
    As I've pointed out at least a dozen times on this forum, does the same thing and has been free since last year.

    Who is pouring the Kool Ade, cause alot of you people are drinking it by the gallon?
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    As I've pointed out at least a dozen times on this forum, does the same thing and has been free since last year.

    Who is pouring the Kool Ade, cause alot of you people are drinking it by the gallon?
    As long as both apps are free, your point is irrelevant. It ain't Kool Ade unless someone's making a buck from it. Woopedeedoo.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    As I've pointed out at least a dozen times on this forum, does the same thing and has been free since last year.

    Who is pouring the Kool Ade, cause alot of you people are drinking it by the gallon?
    What a horrible app description. Blah
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CallerHoller View Post
    What a horrible app description. Blah
    It's a shortcut button that takes you to the Phone Information menu. At least they don't lie and call it an LTE Switch, and then still take you the Phone Information menu.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    As long as both apps are free, your point is irrelevant. It ain't Kool Ade unless someone's making a buck from it. Woopedeedoo.
    Apparently every major blog I read has made a buck on it, because they're hyping this particular app over another that has been around forever. Hence the point of my first post. *headdesk*

    Speaking of descriptions, what kind of respectable developer rips other apps and reviewers in their product description? Oh, this godsend phone info menu shortcut app from an IRC channel, that's who.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    I think the creator of this app paid all these blogs to run stories about it. have been around since last year, but you don't see front page stories on them.
    Just pointing out a flaw here.... I don't get why anyone would pay any blogs to run stories about a free app.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianrage View Post
    Just pointing out a flaw here.... I don't get why anyone would pay any blogs to run stories about a free app.
    To get your name out. How is that hard to understand?
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    To get your name out. How is that hard to understand?
    Considering that without andirc, if you are rooted, you wouldn't be. I don't think they need to get their name out. Most likely the reason they are getting the exposure is because they rooted and got s-off for the TBolt within 24 hours of it being released and have shown some of the top support for the TBolt.
    If at first you don't succeed, read, read again.
  18. #18  
    failsafe's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    ROM
    Stock-debloat/Adryn 4.3b

    Default

    It's probably being blogged about because the Thunderbolt was just released and a bunch of people were asking for a method to turn off 4G. If you search 4G switch/toggle most of the apps cost $0.99. AndIRC thought people shouldn't have to pay for something that is free anyway. AndIRC is not making money on a free app.

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    To get your name out. How is that hard to understand?
    They don't need a free app to get publicity- Most people in this community know who they are as they were the first ones to root the Thunderbolt.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by failsafe View Post
    They don't need a free app to get publicity- Most people in this community know who they are as they were the first ones to root the Thunderbolt.
    If that was the case, then most people in the community would also not need a front page story telling them about something that's been out in one form or another for free for a long time.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    It's a shortcut button that takes you to the Phone Information menu. At least they don't lie and call it an LTE Switch, and then still take you the Phone Information menu.



    Apparently every major blog I read has made a buck on it, because they're hyping this particular app over another that has been around forever. Hence the point of my first post. *headdesk*

    Speaking of descriptions, what kind of respectable developer rips other apps and reviewers in their product description? Oh, this godsend phone info menu shortcut app from an IRC channel, that's who.
    I could not agree with you more. I've been using that FREE phone info app now for two or three weeks, works perfect.
    Thanked by:

Posting Permissions

B