Help! No connection...No 3G-No wi-fi nothing

mnblondie

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the 2nd time this has occurred. The last I fixed it by clicking on & off the wi-fi. I do not even have the 3G on my top bar. I haven't downloaded anything to cause it. How do I get my connection back? :confused:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the 2nd time this has occurred. The last I fixed it by clicking on & off the wi-fi. I do not even have the 3G on my top bar. I haven't downloaded anything to cause it. How do I get my connection back? :confused:
-Dial *#*#4636#*#*
-Scroll down
-Select CDMA auto (PRL)
-Return arrow to back out

This will cause your phone to stop looking for a 4G connection.

Or...

Download "Phone Info" from the Market so you don't have to dial.

This behavior usually occurs because you are on the fringe of a 4G area but your phone can't quite lock onto it. But it has trouble getting back to any data connection at all (including 3G).

-Frank

Reactions: mnblondie

mnblondie

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
There's no 4G in my area so I get the 3G.

No its says no network connection.
And I haven't been able to get the market app open to open all afternoon.

Last edited:

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: mnblondie

mnblondie

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Its not toggled, there's no network connection. I don't think there's an outage in my area- I am up North in a small 3G only area. It had been working just fine until whatever happened.

I just tried all of the suggestions I have received & none of them have worked. I'm in my modem settings & it won't let me change the Rev.A.

Any other ideas???

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Its not toggled, there's no network connection. I don't think there's an outage in my area- I am up North in a small 3G only area. It had been working just fine until whatever happened.

I just tried all of the suggestions I have received & none of them have worked. I'm in my modem settings & it won't let me change the Rev.A.

Any other ideas???
Only idea I have left is power off, battery and SIM pull, reinsert both, power on. If that doesn't work you should head over to your local VZW corporate store (or Best Buy if you got it there) and get a new one.

Edit: Oh... and make SURE that the battery cover (back) is on tight and well seated.

-Frank

JC4131a

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What worked out of curiosity? I'm having a problem where my phone sometimes won't connect to mobile and the only option is to reset the phone but I haven't tried airplane mode yet. I keep bluetooth, mobile, wifi, and gps on a toggle and only turn them on before I intend to use them.

swshrader

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem when I got my TB. All I had to do was do a hard reset, and haven't had any problems since. I tried all the other solutions and nothing else worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21