How do Bolt owners feel about imminent release of Samsung Droid Charge?

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It looks like another LTE 4G Verizon phone is coming out this week on April 7, with slightly better specs than the Bolt.

What do all of you other Bolt owners think of the Samsung Droid Charge (previously called the Samsung Stealth V)?
Seems to have similar capabilities to the ThunderBolt, but has a larger 1600mAh battery, an HDMI output port, 1GB of RAM, a Super AMOLED Plus screen, and is included in the Droid family.

Verizon Samsung Droid Charge 4G | Verizon Cell Phones blog | Reviews,specs and tips & tricks.

Samsung Droid Charge Full Specifications And Price Details - Gadgetian

I think that HTC Sense and the kickstand are the only features that are better on the Bolt.
So, anybody regretting buying a Bolt?

Glad that I have a Bolt. It's been a total joy, but really would have liked an HDMI port and more memory. I can't use DLNA with any of my TVs, unless I buy additional equipment.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Current Samsung Droid owners on Verizon are still waiting for Froyo on their devices. Not interested in a vendor that slacks that badly.

Reactions: jogutier

Dmitri#AC

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Super AMOLED+ screen would be nice, but that's the only real plus (although I'm subjective because I really don't have use for a mini-hdmi). Although the phones have definitely changed since then, after testing the phones, most reviewers at CES dismissed the Samsung and the LG and said the only real competition was between the Bionic and the Thunderbolt. Plus, how long do you think you'll be waiting for gingerbread with the charge?

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole :) no offense.

And trust me, coming from a DX you will want to kill yourself having hard buttons along the bottom instead of touch.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
HTC Sense looks and performs better than TouchWiz
HTC Updates devices faster than Samsung
HTC Thunderbolts unibody aluminum body is higher quality than Samsungs plastic body.
And what are the better specs? I don't care about HDMI port.
The only upside i see is it's SUPER AMOLED PLUS display

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
TouchWiz is a terrible UI, I have no use for the HDMI port, odds are you'll never be able to tell much, if any of a difference between 768MB of RAM and a gig and Samsung has a bad rep already in some areas.

I tune all this stuff out after I buy my product. Your PC, phones, cars, etc. are all out-specced within 3-12 months. It will always happen forever and ever. If you sit there worrying about this stuff you'll never be able to enjoy what you already have at your side. I'm positive in 19 months when I trade my TB in that it'll be dated as hell but I'm fine with that because I'm loving this phone.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The screen would be nice...
Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy with my device.

Unless...for some reason, the Samsung gets those specs and for some reason gets 3 to 4 times the battery life.

Let's face it, that ain't gonna happen...lol.

A newer, faster phone could've came out the same week as the bolt, I'm still happy with my purchase. It's technology, the longer you wait...the faster you get. You could spend a lifetime waiting on the next fastest thing.

I'm happy...

Reactions: Chrisy

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not one of the people who dislikes the look of the Charge (hardware-wise)... I think it looks new and unique.

That said, Samsung has an abysmal record for updates. I have absolutely no envy of anyone who buys one. In fact, I expect to feel bad for them when they don't receive updates to later Android releases and to fix the multitude of issues they will get. I pity anyone who gets it on a 2-year contract and is unaware of the issues Samsung has.

Samsung hardware is great... the software service is non-existent.

Reactions: Chrisy

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The HDMI out would be nice to have. Other than that, no, I don't like the look of Samsung UI, and I'm having a hard enough time using all my memory on the tbolt!

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
The Fascinate was the last Samsung product I will EVER buy. It's not the first time I've sworn off a company, and it's not the last. They took my money and ran. Verizon was awesome enough to take back that never-to-be-updated, RFS file system running piece of guano, and I won't be fooled again.

This phone could come with a $1000 cash rebate and 4 days of battery life and I STILL wouldn't give it a second look. Samsung is dead to me. Period.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If Samsung can't support their US markets as well as their international markets, why should we spend our money on their products? Nice hardware but it just isn't worth the trouble. Most developers avoid their products like the plague and the Thunderbolt development community is already on par with or even past that of the Fascinate. I liked the Fascinate and Touchwiz really wan't that bad but I first went Android because of the development community and I plan on following to the device that has the most potential and frankly that isn't Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463