chiefgary#AC

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Being new to android, coming from BB, I am looking for the setting to delete email from the device and still leave the email on my pc. please help.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it exists... could be wrong, but it's not an issue like it was on BB's... Android manages email much better, and specially Gmail.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it exists... could be wrong, but it's not an issue like it was on BB's... Android manages email much better, and specially Gmail.

Well, "better" is in the eye of the beholder. I, for one, love how I can delete messages off of my phone and still have them on the server or downloaded on my computer. That way my phone is left clean of thousands of emails, but yet the email is still available to me on my computer should I need to do anything with it.

I have heard that the K9 app allows this though. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting to get my first Android, so I can't confirm. But, you may want to try it and see if it does the trick. If so, please report back. ;)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

This is very true. I would notice a slow down on my Storm if I didn't delete e-mail right away, but I honestly don't have any issues with it on the Thunderbolt.

in settings on the email account uncheck delete from server.

I can't find this setting on the Gmail app. It may be on the mail app but I can't find it anywhere on the Gmail app. Which to me isn't a big deal because I'd rather just have the e-mail deleted if I know I don't want it.

It was one thing to have to delete it on the Storm and read it on an actual computer because it was painful to read it on the Storm, but with this phone I can actually read the e-mail and not just delete and read it on the computer. So for me it's not a big issue if the built in Gmail app doesn't have this setting.

gwtiff54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You have to go in your google account from your pc Google enter your user name and password. Look in the top right hand corner for gmail settings. Click on the setrtings and uncheck delete from server. Then when you delete an email from your phone it keeps it on your pc. Hope this helps.