Pink/Green Vertical Line, Especially Noticeable on White Background

Melz

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I searched the forum, and couldn't seem to find anything on this exact problem. The problem I have is that in the lower left hand section of my screen, there is a very narrow vertical line, about an inch long, that appears to be slightly discolored. It's not visible on dark backgrounds, only paler colors. But it is especially visible on white screens (so I see it every time I text, surf the web, etc). It usually appears pink to me, but it'll change depending on the angle you look at it.

There appears to be a second line I've just noticed too, close to the first but slightly higher up. And while the discoloration isn't quite as visible (it's only apparent on white screens), its starting to bother me too.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, so I was hoping someone could help me. Are the pixels "stuck?" If so, is there anything I can do to fix it? I also put on a phantomskinz screen protector, is it possible that that is what is causing it? This is already my second Thunderbolt (the first one only vibrated 50% of the time it was supposed to), and while I guess it's a pretty minor problem... it annoys me A LOT to look at. I'd really like to get it fixed, so any advice would be very greatly appreciated :)

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is your screen protector scratched? It might look discolored if there's grease, skin oil, or dirt in a protector scratch.

Melz

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't think it is. I can't see anything resembling a scratch. And its been there for as long as I can remember.

Melz

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Also it is 100% vertical. Like completely perpendicular and parallel to the sides of the screen. So unless I have an unknown talent for scratching things so perfectly, that means it can't possibly be something I did, right?

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Also it is 100% vertical. Like completely perpendicular and parallel to the sides of the screen. So unless I have an unknown talent for scratching things so perfectly, that means it can't possibly be something I did, right?

LOL... Sounds like a screen defect. Should probably take it into a store or call and have them replace it.