1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random Reboot

Tried looking through the Thunderbolt forums but couldn't find anything, but has anyone had any issues with random reboots with your Thunderbolt? I've been experiencing it since yesterday. Any solutions other than just taking it back?

happened to me twice on Sunday but nothing since then.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    das Bamf 1.7 Remix

Did you notice if any apps/ games got sent to SD card? Didnt have a reboot (that I noticed) but 4 games were found on SD card.

I experienced 3 or more reboots a day with my first TB. Zero with my second TB. Exchanged it in the first six days.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by CallerHoller View Post
    I experienced 3 or more reboots a day with my first TB. Zero with my second TB. Exchanged it in the first six days.
    Did you have to replicate the random reboot in order for you to exchange?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Smittyn804 View Post
    Did you notice if any apps/ games got sent to SD card? Didnt have a reboot (that I noticed) but 4 games were found on SD card.
    Nothing new in the SD card either. I haven't moved anything there.

Same problem here. Happened twice yesterday and hasn't happened again since.

I know in my area they are testing but have not rolled 4g out. They turn it on for a few minutes at a time during random times. I actually caught it reboot last night around 1:00AM which coincided with them flipping 4g on and off. It's too much of a coincidence that it happened at the same time 4g was turned on and off from VZW...

Possible that the same thing is happening to others?

Quote Originally Posted by kingdomkid View Post
    Did you have to replicate the random reboot in order for you to exchange?
    No. The assistant I was dealing with asked the manager if she had to replicate the issue. He said no, there really isn't a way to replicate a random issue.
    That's how I would have responded if they did ask me to replicate it.

Three times: twice while holding the "home" button to recall recent apps used, and once during a call. I was thinking maybe there was a bug in the home button function, but it hasn't happened in a while now.
    The other issue I've had was the complete disappearance of 4G coverage for several days recently, but now back to solid 4G in all the same locations (southern region of Houston, Pearland, Friendswood, Webster, Clear Lake).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That sucks. Fortunately, I haven't had any random reboots whatsoever with my Thunderbolt. My old Palm Pre phone would periodically reboot for no reason at all. Annoying.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine reboots and shuts down at random times. I'm ready to return the darn thing. All Verizon support could tell me is that the rep who was helping me hasn't had this problem on her phone, nor have the others who are working in the Thunderbolt support group. So, it must not really be a problem? Very frustrating. I like the phone, but it needs to not power itself off.

Global Posts
    1,017 Global Posts

I hadn't noticed this before, but just now the phone rebooted itself for no apparent reason. Hmmm....