Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Newbie needs help with CurrentWidget

I installed CurrentWidget on my T'bolt, but I'm not seeing any readings.
    I set up the log file to the default, but when I click View Log it says it can't find the file.
    What haven't I done?
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

The electric current reading doesn't work on all devices, not sure if the TB is supported but that may be your problem.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Adviser. I'd seen references to it in Tbolt fora so I assumed it would work. Do you know of any similar apps that support Tbolt?

Quote Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
    Thanks Adviser. I'd seen references to it in Tbolt fora so I assumed it would work. Do you know of any similar apps that support Tbolt?
    CurrentWidget works fine for me on the Thunderbolt. Just to check the basics, when you added the widget to one of your home screens, do you get a current reading? I'm not sure if it updates the log if the widget isn't actually running.
    Thanked by:

Current Widget also works fine on my TB.

For a better log and graphical view, I really suggest Battery Monitor. I think it is superior.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hmmm...
    What exactly does "added the widget to one of your home screens" mean? I see the blue lightning CurrentWidget on the screen with the clock and date that first appears when starting. And I can see the white-on-black settings menu.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
    Hmmm...
    What exactly does "added the widget to one of your home screens" mean? I see the blue lightning CurrentWidget on the screen with the clock and date that first appears when starting. And I can see the white-on-black settings menu.
    On your homescreen hot the personalize button then hit add widget. Select current widget.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks, Forgetful.
    I did get to work but I'm not sure how. I uninstalled and reinstalled and there it was!
    Now I just need to find out where all those 140 idle milliamperes are going.