Is the Tbolt in 3g area worth it?

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Blackberry tour, and cant wait to get rid of it. I was waiting on the Bionic but with news that it might get pushed back to June, i have been looking at the Tbolt. I have read stories of the battery life being horrible. i dont live in a 4G area and dont think we will be getting it any time soon. So my question is the Tbolt battery that bad in 3G area? Which phone would be a better substitute for the Bionic, the Tbolt or the Revolution?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have read that you will probably get BETTER battery life being in a 3G only area..... I dont have one to prove that though.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
TBolt,battery life is good just has to be conditioned. I get 9hrs. on stock battery,and 24hrs. on Verizon extended battery. Both are at 30% when plugged back in.

Last edited:

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
TB battery life may look bad next to Blackberries and the like but considering the features, screen, etc. it's truly an unfair comparison. That said, my battery life is just fine. With regular use I can easily get through the day. And to actually address your point - yes, I think it's worth it. I'm in a 3G-only area and the phone is still amazing.

Sparkyvett

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a non-3G area and my battery will have about 60% left when I get off work. Although I do have wifi most of the time so that helps the battery. But I listen to Stern on siriusXm app at work on wifi all morning. The battery life has more to do with screen settings and how often you have things update. I also ditched a BBTour for my TB and have Never regretted it. The only thing I really miss is the LED and BerryBuzz.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i love the tbolt! yes, LTE is a fantastic bonus (it is so fast!!!!) but the phone itself rules. it feels really nice in hand (i showed it to my friend the other day and he was like "its heavy... but good-heavy! it feels expensive."). I love the feel of the back of the phone, and the screen is great! processor's really quick even though it's not dual core, cameras are really good, and sense is great. i love everything about it coming from a DROID1, and can only imagine the difference would be even bigger coming from a BB.

looks like the Droid Charge isn't far off, but read the thread on here about that. I'm confident I made the right choice based on what I've heard from anybody with a Galaxy S phone

rohanlady4

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I live in a 3G area and I LOVE my T-bolt! I've had it for a week now and without a doubt it is the best cell-phone by far I've ever had. I set my phone to connect via Wifi at home as my 3G at my home isn't the best (rural area).

I used this trick on my phone this morning and I went all day and still have plenty of battery left. I found this link on the battery life thread here.
Official response from HTC RE: How to double battery Life (WORKS!) + 2nd Reply - xda-developers

Sniperet

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the Storm all I can say is the Tbolt is superior in every way except the battery life. Took mine off charge this morning at 5:45 its now 8:20 and I have 36% battery left (if the Android Booster app is accurate).

Anyway the OS and browser are so superior to BB I can live with charging the phone every night. BTW the speed of the phone and services even in 3G are better than the BB and I haven't had to pull the battery out yet.

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
i think i would i live in an only 3g area maybe will never get 4g..but yea like other said even 3g is way faster than my storm ever was by tons..a few funky things that had to be changed but were all on this forum...i do run the extended battery though which personally i dont mind makes it easier to hold..i can get 2 days out of the thing with that maybe more i have yet to run it down to nothing..way more things to tinker with than than piece of **** storm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12