Tango Updated

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Tango was updated this morning. Supposed to significantly improve audio
Has anyjuan tried it? I won't be able till this afternoon.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The sound issue is a software issue within the phone's camera itself, so anything Tango does will not really improve the quality...hopefully HTC and Verizon get an OTA out soon...perhaps with some Gingerbready goodness.

Reactions: Chrisy

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The sound issue is a software issue within the phone's camera itself, so anything Tango does will not really improve the quality...hopefully HTC and Verizon get an OTA out soon...perhaps with some Gingerbready goodness.

It would be nice if they did that. One of the reasons I got this phone was the front facing camera for video calls - I can only take "so many" self portraits and self videos (without sound!!!). :mad:

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the FFC audio problems were the reason for the Skype removal? Skype probably wouldn't let them release it with it being so bad.

I wondered the same thing. But then I thought, it would be very disconcerting to know that verizon chose to just remove Skype instead of fixing the issue.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I wondered the same thing. But then I thought, it would be very disconcerting to know that verizon chose to just remove Skype instead of fixing the issue.

Unless they tried and tried and tried and failed miserably (which seems to be the case). After all, us crazy TB people were on a witch hunt, about to shed blood if they didn't release it when we thought they should! :p

Reactions: Slapnpop826

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Fring is awesome, Tango blows. Frying calls always come through, and you can use a bluetooth earpiece with Fring. My kids use it to call me everyday, it's awesome.

Tango would ring if I was in the asp when the call came in. Otherwise I'd never know.

Randall@Tango

Apr 15, 2011
support.tango.me
Hey guys,

We are aware of the audio issues that are occurring on the HTC Thunderbolt. Our engineers are working hard on hoping to fix this issue soon.

For optimal performance, please try adjusting the volume on the device to 1 click below the maximum level. This should greatly reduce some of the audio feedback you guys are having.

Another temporary solution to this issue is to use a headset while making Tango calls.

Rest assured we're not finished and are working very hard to keep improving sound quality.

Stay tuned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow