Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tango Updated

Tango was updated this morning. Supposed to significantly improve audio
    Has anyjuan tried it? I won't be able till this afternoon.
    Stephen
    The Incredible Nexus

I just updated. The sound?....pure horror. But the video is a lot smoother and not choppy anymore.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

I noticed this update too. I'll give it a try later.
    "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Hoooooooo!" - Lion-O

The sound issue is a software issue within the phone's camera itself, so anything Tango does will not really improve the quality...hopefully HTC and Verizon get an OTA out soon...perhaps with some Gingerbready goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by KingChicago View Post
    The sound issue is a software issue within the phone's camera itself, so anything Tango does will not really improve the quality...hopefully HTC and Verizon get an OTA out soon...perhaps with some Gingerbready goodness.
    It would be nice if they did that. One of the reasons I got this phone was the front facing camera for video calls - I can only take "so many" self portraits and self videos (without sound!!!).

I wonder if the FFC audio problems were the reason for the Skype removal? Skype probably wouldn't let them release it with it being so bad.
    Thanked by:

i dont see an update for Tango, how did you get it?

go to market, menu, my apps and if you have tango installed, it should show that an update is available.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    I wonder if the FFC audio problems were the reason for the Skype removal? Skype probably wouldn't let them release it with it being so bad.
    I wondered the same thing. But then I thought, it would be very disconcerting to know that verizon chose to just remove Skype instead of fixing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn826 View Post
    I wondered the same thing. But then I thought, it would be very disconcerting to know that verizon chose to just remove Skype instead of fixing the issue.
    Unless they tried and tried and tried and failed miserably (which seems to be the case). After all, us crazy TB people were on a witch hunt, about to shed blood if they didn't release it when we thought they should! :P
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by KingChicago View Post
    I use fring and the sound is fine as well as the picture.

Sent from my ThunderBlizzy using Tapatizzy
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixone View Post
    go to market, menu, my apps and if you have tango installed, it should show that an update is available.
    Thank you, I have to remember to look at the updates once in a while, I had 7 updates in there

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch10 View Post
    Thank you, I have to remember to look at the updates once in a while, I had 7 updates in there

You can set most apps to auto update.

Quote Originally Posted by vr4turboripn View Post
    I use fring and the sound is fine as well as the picture.

Sent from my ThunderBlizzy using Tapatizzy
    I downloaded Fring and did a test call with wifey. Fring wasn't using the FFC (front facing camera). Instead, it uses the back camera. Uninstalled.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixone View Post
    I downloaded Fring and did a test call with wifey. Fring wasn't using the FFC (front facing camera). Instead, it uses the back camera. Uninstalled.
    Download the Fring beta. Search the forum someone posted the apk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn826 View Post
    Download the Fring beta. Search the forum someone posted the apk
    kewl, thanks!
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,771 Global Posts

Fring is awesome, Tango blows. Frying calls always come through, and you can use a bluetooth earpiece with Fring. My kids use it to call me everyday, it's awesome.

Tango would ring if I was in the asp when the call came in. Otherwise I'd never know.

Video works great...Sound not so great.

Hey guys,

We are aware of the audio issues that are occurring on the HTC Thunderbolt. Our engineers are working hard on hoping to fix this issue soon.

For optimal performance, please try adjusting the volume on the device to 1 click below the maximum level. This should greatly reduce some of the audio feedback you guys are having.

Another temporary solution to this issue is to use a headset while making Tango calls.

Rest assured we're not finished and are working very hard to keep improving sound quality.

Stay tuned!
    Thanked by 4:

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Skype sound works fine on my Thunderbolt and so does recording, is this only some devices?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,818 Global Posts

Just tried video chat using Tango for my first video chat ever! It was awesome! Very buggy though. Picture froze once. Took forever for me to see the other party. The other party couldn't hear me too well unless I was loud and in a quiet room.

But it was awesome! Can't wait for Skype. I was on 3G so I assume that was a lot of the issues.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,818 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randall@Tango View Post
    Hey guys,

We are aware of the audio issues that are occurring on the HTC Thunderbolt. Our engineers are working hard on hoping to fix this issue soon.

For optimal performance, please try adjusting the volume on the device to 1 click below the maximum level. This should greatly reduce some of the audio feedback you guys are having.

Another temporary solution to this issue is to use a headset while making Tango calls.

Rest assured we're not finished and are working very hard to keep improving sound quality.

Stay tuned!
    Awesome tip. Thanks!

Anyone notice another update? Anyone test it and see what is updated?
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,818 Global Posts

I had to delete because was too glitchy. Let me know how the latest update fairs.

Just tried it. The video really improved. No more video lag. BUT....the sound....ugh. It's the same squelching sound and now I can hardly hear the other party. It's like the devs lowered the volume or something. Still needs work.