headphone jack problems

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So I just got some awesome new headphones (nuforce ne-700x) and right when i put them in my phone the left ear was out and thought I got broken headphones. I tried them in everything else and it's fine. I was using cheap headphones I got for 2$ before and now these don't seem to work correctly. If I push the jack to the left I can get both speakers to play, but that's the only way. Is there any mod I can do to the jack or the plug to make it consistent? I would be really upset if I can't use these headphones I just spend 70$ on

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had your phone? Sounds like the jack is messed up and if you really want to listen to music with them that way, you'll have to exchange the phone for a new one with a working jack.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
see if you have another cheap pair of headphones around somewhere and plug and then maybe it is just an anomaly with the jack on your new headset

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I got it the day it was released, I think it's too late to exchange?

If there is a manufacturing defect, Verizon should replace it. I'm pretty sure the 14 day thing is only for at-will returns. Failing that, if you have insurance, they should replace it without charging the deductible.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got a brand new pair of bose headphones and they crackle all the time! Anyone else?

Which headphones are you using? I have a pair of Bose IE2 headphones and they sound excellent. Make sure your back cover is on properly and push the headphones in all the way. I noticed that both of these make a difference because the back cover has a headphone hole that is passes through before it hits the connectors.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If there is a manufacturing defect, Verizon should replace it. I'm pretty sure the 14 day thing is only for at-will returns. Failing that, if you have insurance, they should replace it without charging the deductible.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
You have a full year with VZW for a warranty repair/replacement (manufacturer's defect). This is not an insurance candidate since it is a manufacturer's defect.

-Frank

Reactions: dcviper

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
see if you have another cheap pair of headphones around somewhere and plug and then maybe it is just an anomaly with the jack on your new headset

I do have another cheap pair and it works fine, I can get one of the ear phones to stop playing if I push on the wire though. With the new ones they stop playing out of the left ear all the time unless I push it. I think the diameter is just slightly off. I may have to use a headphone extension wire with another plug at higher tolerances on the other end.

If it doesn't work I can take it to verizon and see what they say

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't work I can take it to verizon and see what they say
If you take it to a VZW store and can demonstrate that with a couple/few different headset plugs you have the same issue of losing sound with only slight jiggling of the connector, I'm sure they'll replace it for you. The monkey should not be on your back to keep playing headset roulette until you find one that works.

-Frank

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's touchy and I'm guessing it's a tolerance issue in the order of less than 1 millimeter. I used a headphone extension cord and it works perfectly. Problem is my headphone wire is now almost 6 feet long.. lol so I'm gonna need another solution for that

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just checked mine out with a few different pairs to see if i had the problem and i'm not having it. It must be a manufacture defect, so hopefully verizon will replace it for ya at no charge.