Really low signal

anon(14828)

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I recently got 2 thunderbolts from best buy and even tried finding good dates. But I still have horrible signal like 1 bar if im lucky. Under looking to see whats eating battery, cell standby time with out signal 95 percent of the time, Now i live in good area, (i thought) my previous phones were droid x and dinc. I recieved really good signal everywhere i went But with thunderbolts i get none. All im asking should i stick it out till a hopefully coming soon update. OR do they know about the problem., I tried that ##778## and did that change but no effect. I have done hard reset mutiple times, anyone else seeing this.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I recently got 2 thunderbolts from best buy and even tried finding good dates. But I still have horrible signal like 1 bar if im lucky. Under looking to see whats eating battery, cell standby time with out signal 95 percent of the time, Now i live in good area, (i thought) my previous phones were droid x and dinc. I recieved really good signal everywhere i went But with thunderbolts i get none. All im asking should i stick it out till a hopefully coming soon update. OR do they know about the problem., I tried that ##778## and did that change but no effect. I have done hard reset mutiple times, anyone else seeing this.

Under Settings > About Phone > Network

What's your signal strength (dBm)? At times the bars don't tell the whole story.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I sit around -100 to -105dbm.

Wow, that's pretty rough. My Thunderbolt has better signal than my Droid 2. At times, I have -78 dBm and right now I'm at -88 dBm.

That's strange that you're having such a tough time with the signal.

anon(14828)

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
At my job its not existent my 3 g disappears I get nothing and I work 45 he's plus a week. But yet my old droid x has 4 bars in there. Just these are really bad on signal. Maybe I should return them and get them from Verizon or does it matter.