battery last longer on different days

tonez

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
i dont know what it is but this happened to me twice already, one day i get a good amount of use out of my battery then the next day i dont, here are some pics:
left: 4/6 right: 4/7
snap20110407_132456.jpg
snap20110407_214019.jpg

and the bad day i hardly use my phone, i have no clue what it is, is it a app thats eating my battery?

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
pretty impressive for that day, I guess it depends on usage, I see you even leave gps on.

In response to the OP, I notice days where the battery drains for no reason and others where the estimated time remaining is almost 36 hours. Today I was down to 83% at 10am and unplugged at 7:45, this is abnormal for me so I restarted and lost another 20% but the drain slowed down.

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Could it simply be that the 4G network is good on some days and bad on others? I believe a bad network with weak or lost signal would cause the battery to drain a lot more as it looks for a signal.

I posted a question thread about this but didn't get any responses so I don't think anyone really knows the answer about signal/battery issues.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that Sync symbol on your bad day. I don't know if that was just a temporary condition during the shapshot of the screen, but, if your phone was stuck on "permenant sync" (I've seen mine do that once) it would account for the bad day.

-Frank

tonez

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
pretty impressive for that day, I guess it depends on usage, I see you even leave gps on.

In response to the OP, I notice days where the battery drains for no reason and others where the estimated time remaining is almost 36 hours. Today I was down to 83% at 10am and unplugged at 7:45, this is abnormal for me so I restarted and lost another 20% but the drain slowed down.

i did the same thing, restarted and it drained slowly and last a lil longer.

and where i live i get a good signal on 4g

tonez

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that Sync symbol on your bad day. I don't know if that was just a temporary condition during the shapshot of the screen, but, if your phone was stuck on "permenant sync" (I've seen mine do that once) it would account for the bad day.

-Frank

yeah, it was just a temporary condition, was sending an email during the screen shot

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I wonder if our battery meters are completely lying to us. Like 40-50% wrong half the time.

I see the same thing as the OP practically every other day. I sit in the same desk chair everyday, and put my phone in the same position on my desk. I come home to the same house, and drive the same route to and from work everyday. I send and receive roughly the same amount of texts, emails, and IMs and I check my social feeds the same amount everyday. Yet some days I'm at 25% left after 3 hours, and other days I get home after 9 hours of work with 60% left.

Edit: In the above scenarios, there are no differences in what is running and using the battery. Same percentages of what takes the most juice.

This is truly perplexing.

Last edited:

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am gonna have to agree to this. I honestly think this is an issue that should be adressed. I use my phone the same amount, today I had 50% battery left after 10 hours and yesterday I had like 20% left. I honestly dont know what is up with the phone.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I am gonna have to agree to this. I honestly think this is an issue that should be adressed. I use my phone the same amount, today I had 50% battery left after 10 hours and yesterday I had like 20% left. I honestly dont know what is up with the phone.

I get the same performance from my Tbolt. It's an odd thing to see from day to day. As of now all I can do is suck it up and deal with it.

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had this same issue while I had 4G activated. I have it turned off all day now with Wi-Fi on all day and the battery is about the same as my Droid 2. I think 4G signal is destroying our battery life depending on network congestion because one day 4G lasted all day and the next only 4 hours and it was at 40%.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that over the last two days my battery life has worsened as well. I think this may have something to do with the network, as I am not doing anything differently. My battery dropped from 100% to 40% in the course of 4 hours this morning while the phone was not being used at all and the screen was off the entire time. Very odd considering 3 days ago my battery dropped from 100% to 40% over the course of 14 hours with use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38