Unique Ways You Use Your Thunderbolt?

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really looking for an "app list" there are a few of those but. I thought there has got to be some really cool stuff people are doing with their Thunderbolt that many aren't aware of so...if you have one, post it here. I have a few but I will post just one.

I have a fairly set schedule. I do the same things at the same times daily so, I use Timeriffic to set all of my volumes, Bluetooth and WiFi settings automatically.
I use Vlingo safe reader (in car beta) to come on automatically when it is paired with a Bluetooth Headset (my car stereo). It will read your texts and emails out loud.

So on a daily basis when I go to lunch around 11:30, without me doing anything, my Bluetooth comes on, it pairs with my car stereo, since it is now paired my Vlingo safe reader comes on and all texts and emails that I get will be read out loud over the car stereo.

Interested in what unique things you have your TBolt do for you!

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I do not posses one yet, But I can tell you I will be taking pictures and videos galore for me. And Youtube and facebook are my best friends.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So on a daily basis when I go to lunch around 11:30, without me doing anything, my Bluetooth comes on, it pairs with my car stereo, since it is now paired my Vlingo safe reader comes on and all texts and emails that I get will be read out loud over the car stereo.

I just downloaded Tasker this morning to do something similar. Now whenever I turn on my Sony bluetooth headphones at work, or my Jabra 2 Cruiser in my car, when the bluetooth connection is detected XM/Sirius online app is automatically launched and media volume maximized. Likewise, when I disconnect either of those devices the media volumes is minimized and the app closes. I'm actually not 100% there yet, but will get it completely working soon I think.

Tasker seems like the ultimate tool to me for doing "unique" things like you suggest.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of gmote. I hook my Macbook Pro up to my tv to watch videos and I use my phone to control my computer. For some reason some of the avi's I have won't stream from my desktop to my Xbox/PS3 so I stream it from my desktop(Windows) to my MBP. It works amazingly. I've also used PocketCloud to remote to my home desktop for anywhere to download music as I think of music I want to download.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Tasker. It's something I could never see myself without now. It makes my life much easier and really has redefined my expectations for what a "smartphone" should do for you.

I guess the "(far) second place" app for me is SwipePad. It's got all of my useful apps that I could potentially need to switch to at any point.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of kickstand...it makes a great mount through the air vent for navigator. I open kickstand and insert through vent PERFECT center placement and holds steady. I guess you could mount it there for anything you may want to view while driving

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of kickstand...it makes a great mount through the air vent for navigator. I open kickstand and insert through vent PERFECT center placement and holds steady. I guess you could mount it there for anything you may want to view while driving

Damn, that's a pretty good idea.

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

PERFECT for your car, but there are a lot of different car models. ;)

Also, what happens if you use the AC or heater?

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Well people were complaining about temps while running GPS and charging in their car.

Also that tasker intrigued me so I looked into it and got it. Holy crap it's awesome. Limitless potential. I'm not very good with it yet. How do I apply the xml scripts that are on the wiki? The verbose weather one looks farting great.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
How do I apply the xml scripts that are on the wiki? The verbose weather one looks farting great.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

I haven't figured that out yet. I just look at the xml as a pointer/how-to on setting up the same thing manually through the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21