There has to be an easy way to hang up/end a phone call.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
When ever I am on any type of call that last more than a minute or so, in order to end the call, I have to press the power button, unlock the screen and then press the end call button.

The only way I see to fix this is to increase the time out on my screen so the phone doesn't lock.

Is there another way to simply "hang-up"?????

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thats what the proximitry (sp) sensor is for. The screen goes off when the phone "sees" your face close to it, but the screen/phone does not go into sleep. As soon as you remove the phone from your ear the screen should come back on and you just touch the end button, or use the dial pad, etc.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There is a light sensor that should wake the screen when you pull the phone from your ear. If your not holding it close enough it doesn't seem to work, my wife has the same problem. So increasing the screen time out I don't think will work but you could try, its in the settings>display. If you do increase it make sure you use the power button to turn off the screen when your done if you don't your battery will drain faster.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Every time I've finished a call, and took the phone away from my ear a huge text box pops up in red that reads "end call."

blackberryconvert2011

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The face thing works if you're "on" the phone...but I'm mostly on my bluetooth, so it goes to the screen that that the OP describes and I have NO idea how to hang up quickly - except by the bluetooth button.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this same frustration, until I noticed at the bottom of the lock screen it says "Return to call". Hit that and you can end the call without unlocking the phone.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Every time I've finished a call, and took the phone away from my ear a huge text box pops up in red that reads "end call."

More oft than not, when I pull the phone away from my face, the screen is still black. The proximity sensor is not detecting that I have pulled to phone away from my face.

The only way to awaken the phone to end the call is to hit the power button. unlock, then the end call button is available.

This is very frustrating... I had the same problem with the INC.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That is a hassle, sorry. I had similar phone annoyances when I was trying to input info using the touch tones. If I waited too long my screen would be locked and I'd end up entering my selection into the unlock phone password field.

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
More oft than not, when I pull the phone away from my face, the screen is still black. The proximity sensor is not detecting that I have pulled to phone away from my face.

The only way to awaken the phone to end the call is to hit the power button. unlock, then the end call button is available.

Any chance you have a screen protector that covers the proximity sensor? I've heard that they cause problems. I just got the Seidio Screen protectors, and they have a cutout at the top to avoid this.

I thought the sensor was next to the Front Camara lense, but it's in the glass area right next to the Verizon Check-mark logo.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Here is what I suspect... you are leaving the phone away from your face long enough that the actual screen lock comes on. And eventually blanks the screen. You either don't' notice this or just assume it was the proximity sensor that turned off your screen. Then, you put it back to your face, then when you take it away it does not light up (because it was turned off by the screen lock timeout rather than the proximity sensor). You then assume that the proximity sensor is not working.

Easy test. Turn on the phone, unlock the screen if it is locked. Call the VZW CS recording (*611). When the call is in progress, put your finger over the large check-mark looking V just before the word Verizon on the top of your phone (this is where the proximity sensor is located) and see if the screen goes black. Take your finger away and see if it lights up. If that works, your proximity sensor is fine.

-Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo