Defective thunderbolts?

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I dono, i keep looking at my thunderbolt really hard lately...i love it...but

I will say a couple things......that 3g crap is so messed up, sometimes i have to restart the phone to get mobile network to work because sometimes no mobile network will work....

2nd...if i look really closely i can see a mini gap and its at an angle between the top screen and the gray bar top...where the speaker and front cam are....like i can literally see dust below it...probably because of that small gap...and it shouldn't be there...

3rd....on my tbolt...i listen to music...correction..i love music...do any of you know first of all? Isn't it dolby surround sound?
Also...when i put my hand over my speaker, the other half isn't vibrating or putting out anything at all...this is the half where the kickstand is connected to...can anyone confirm thats an error? I mean i think it might have just happened or something but wiered that the whole sound bar...isn't vibrating/playing music...just the half where your finger opens the kickstand...

4th....I know a lot of people have the issue with the gps...its like 20 miles off....i used gps fix...or gps smart...whatever from the market that fixes the galaxy s's...and it keeps messing up even worse....i have no idea why?
Anyone?

Just would like to see what you all think or are experiencing to see if i should go get another one...
Thanks...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you taken the phone in to a Verizon Corp store to have your settings changed so it will work on 3G? They have a fix for it you know.

Reactions: MOTOX2

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My SD card died the other day. The Verizon store swapped it out for a SD card from a DOA Thunderbolt. Guy said a decent number of people have come in complaining about dying SD cards.
No 3G or GPS issues though.

Komodod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I would take it back and get a new one....before its too late. Too many issues to just ignore. Ive had some challenge to gps...but i dont really use it.

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh, thanks for the input guys, yah. I might take it in next week then or in may when i actually have time...ap exams and stuff...thanks

Because i mean i did use the app...lte on/off...but sometimes...3g just won't turn on...like wireless data won't turn on....have no idea why..

gps...yah thats just unusable...it can't even find me if im in a car and i need navigation, and the gap in the screen....ridiculous...

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have an issue as well with the ,mobile network not working, and this is my second bolt, and I swear my first did not have this issue...

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't a fix and is annoying.... But having a widget to turn airplane mode on and off usually refreshes the network connection and will get it going again.

PS: I have 2 thunderbolts and built quality on both are fantastic. I DID have to use gpsfix tho and now they both lock on before the map tiles even load.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
well supposedly HTC is putting out a firmware update soon that addresses alot of these problems, except for the gap. Also where is the gap your talking about at? I have one on the bottom near the capacitive buttons but not by the top speaker.

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Some of the software problems that you speak of; are problems that I have experience with many Android phones. The post data connection is something that bothered me to no end on my Droid's . The GPS, while not a problem on Motorola's Droid's, is very common on Samsung's line of phones. The only thing that I have found to make it more accurate has been to leave it enabled, and periodically open maps and let it get a lock on me.

As far as the hardware problems that you speak of, that is unacceptable. I myself don't have those problems, but it you paid for a device, then you should at least get one free from manufacturing flaws.

JC4131a

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a picture of said gap? Mine had a gap after a little drop last week. I was cursing myself looking at it and thought it just looked like I bent a piece and though I may be able to unbend it. I gave it a strong push and the piece, which i think is actually plastic, snapped back into place, no problems.

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I noticed one day that the speakers arent the whole grid thats under the kickstand. They are only 2 small holes on the right side where the kickstand opens. If you look at it at an angle with some light you will see that most of it is nothing but screening. That would be why you only hear it out of one side.

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yah ill post a picture in a sec, but its going to be really hard to see...i mean its nothing major....but why should i have it if i paid for a brand new device?

Your going to have to look pretty much strait at it and its like a diagonal part of the top screen was just cut or not there....the bottom of the screen is strait....where it ends to the gray bottom strip but there is a diagonal gap at the top right part of the glass....cuts onto part of the proximity sensor..

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
and oh at the speaker...so really the whole bar isn't the speaker? but the right side mostly....it is though dolby mobile surround sound right?

CustomerJustice

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had Verizon 9 years. Bought a Thunderbolt JUne of 2011, by Jan it was defective, they sent me a "Cetrtifiifed Like-New Replacement" which was ALSO defective, then a 3rd that was ALSO defective... has anyone else has this problem? When I called to complain they terminated my service ... PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE HAD SIMILAR TREATMENT BY VERIZON.... I HAVE SOME THINGS TO TELL YOU THAT I WILL NOT SAY HERE.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my Thunderbolt on Launch day and had signal issues all the time. Plus other odd software issues. Got a replacement and all is well again so far. Replacement is about 2 months old.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had Verizon 9 years. Bought a Thunderbolt JUne of 2011, by Jan it was defective, they sent me a "Cetrtifiifed Like-New Replacement" which was ALSO defective, then a 3rd that was ALSO defective... has anyone else has this problem? When I called to complain they terminated my service ... PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE HAD SIMILAR TREATMENT BY VERIZON.... I HAVE SOME THINGS TO TELL YOU THAT I WILL NOT SAY HERE.

On number 7 goin back for another tomorrow. I dial a number and like 5 mins later it decides to call them... Had this replacement less then a week and its already a piece of again. Time for refurb 8..

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
On number 7 goin back for another tomorrow. I dial a number and like 5 mins later it decides to call them... Had this replacement less then a week and its already a piece of again. Time for refurb 8..
I'm still on my original from March 17th, 2011. No notable issues. It's been a great phone.

-Frank

Sent using Tapatalk 2

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Other than reboots (which have periodically started again), I've had no issues other than sometimes, when I go to make a phone call, there is a massive lag before it actually starts to connect the call.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer