Phone Deleted All text messages

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
So I thought this issue was long taken care of but NOPE. It plagues the damn Thunderbolt just as well. Went into my inbox last night and every single one of my text messages was deleted. It did this crap on my OG Droid, my Droid X and now my HTC Thunderbolt. This REALLY needs to be taken care of. I love android to death but this is just getting stupid. This should be one of the top priorities for Google to remedy.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So this won't happen again:

Messages--menu button--more--settings--uncheck delete old messages.

This happened to me too and this fixed it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me the other day, even with SUB-dawg's fix. Hit me the same day as the SMS bug that sends messages to the wrong contacts. This is a HUGE problem for Android.

cannon

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me this morning when I woke up and checked my phone .. this shouldn't happen with any setting though..oh well hopefully an update will fix this

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
So this won't happen again:

Messages--menu button--more--settings--uncheck delete old messages.

This happened to me too and this fixed it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

This doens't fix it for me. It was already unchecked. I am on my 3rd android phone so I know that I need to be sure to do that which I did but still does it. I had prob 900 text messages total so the 200 limit or whatever the default is doesn't even apply. Its android problem and it NEEDS to be fixed. Messages are important as I get addresses from clients and information where I need to go next for work. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable and I thought it was fixed a long time ago, I was sadly mistaken.

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally use Google Voice for all my SMS messages, so they're kept in the cloud -- thats always an option for you, but it would require you to use your Google Voice # for SMS messages, or port your number to Google Voice like I did.

What if you used a 3rd party SMS program like Handcent? Or you could always backup your SMS messages using one of the many SMS backup programs. Some of them backup to Gmail.

I know none of these are really a solution -- but maybe they're viable workarounds for you if your SMS messages are very important.

Handcent: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handcent.nextsms&feature=search_result

SMS Backup: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&feature=search_result

krssosic

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC Thunderbold deletes sms

I also have experienced this issue with my TB. The first time it happened I was using handscent and had my sms backed up however my messages were all deleted and I was not able to restore them. I figured it was the app so I deleted it. Now this morning it happened again..I received a text and when I went into my inbox all of my messages were gone. I checked my settings and I do not have anything set up to delete after 200 messages. I sent an email to HTC. this is very annoying. My blackberry did this to me a long time ago and it seemed to be a memory issue...the TB should NOT have this issue since it comes with almost 40gb stock!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira