drive question

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
when i connect to my pc usb verizon media manager pops up and it show my phone as removable drive g but i think this is the phone and not the sd card...then if i look in puter drives it show f drive but says insert disk and g drive again that says removable but that thing has all the blockbuster android etc stuff on it so that has to be the phone itself...the f drive must b the sd card but it says please insert and when i look at it on the phone it says unavailable and mount sd card but thats when its plugged in when i disconnect it it it says mounted space free space used etc..what the hell!

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
if thats the case is there a way to stop that verizon media manager from auto starting?...it worked good i used it to put pictures from my pc to the phone for contact images but kept thinking it was going to the phone itsself and not the SDcard..but anyhow still dont need that thing to start everytime

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
if thats the case is there a way to stop that verizon media manager from auto starting?...it worked good i used it to put pictures from my pc to the phone for contact images but kept thinking it was going to the phone itsself and not the SDcard..but anyhow still dont need that thing to start everytime
Yeah, it's a known annoyance. There's a thread here somewhere about it. I think you can stop it. Might require rooting though. I just close it. :) You could also prolly tell your PC not to auto-open dirves like this. It happens because there in an "autorun.ini" file on the disk in question.

-Frank

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks i think i read that thread but got confused cause they were talking about having to download an app to see what is on yor SDcard and i dont know i could see what was on here this drive just fine..but now that i think about it they wanted to see it on the phone itself and not on the pc..maybe i should have another beer..lol also tried to set the properties for the drive and stuff so that didnt auto load

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
thanks i think i read that thread but got confused cause they were talking about having to download an app to see what is on yor SDcard and i dont know i could see what was on here this drive just fine..but now that i think about it they wanted to see it on the phone itself and not on the pc..maybe i should have another beer..lol also tried to set the properties for the drive and stuff so that didnt auto load
Exactly. Go to the Market and download an app called Astro. It's fast, free and works as a "file explorer". Pretty much a required app for directory access on your phone itself. Although, there are other ways.

-Frank

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance