1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Cool Thunderbolt vs New Verizon 4g phones

The thunderbolt seems Like a new device and feels like one, but is it.

The LG Revolution,Samsung Charge, and Droid Bionic all are quite impressive, but the Thunderbolt does have the most ram at 768mb compared to the other phones 512mb of ram. The Bionic does have a dual core, but who would ever need that much power in a phone and android wont be optimized for dual cores for a while. The LG Revolution,atleast I think, isnt any thing speacial as well as the Samsung Charge. Preferably I'd say the Thunderbolt is the best.

What do you guys think?
    Nexus Lover

ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

The charge has a super amoled plus display as well. The bionic would really be the only competition and the thunderbolt has an edge because it was released first.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

The only phone i envy is the evo 3d. Not for the 3d. But for the Sense 3.0 UI. GOD i hope we get that, it looks awesome.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

I find it interesting that theres so little info out about the charge, while there were leaks and such aplenty for the Thunderbolt. I may hold off until Thursday to upgrade just so I can take a look at the Charge too. Samsung may actually upgrade this phone since its got droid branding.

As has been said before, Samsung=no. The simple fact of physical buttons on the Charge is enough for me to say no, nevermind everything else wrong with Samsung.

The Samsung Charge looks kinda meh, in terms of just the form factor. Not a fan of it. The Revolution looks okay, I guess. Personally, I'm not that big a fan of Samsung or LG. No particular reasons, just don't care for them.

The Droid Bionic looks pretty neat, but I don't really think I'd like Blur all that much. So, I'm perfectly happy with my Thunderbolt, to be quite honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    The Samsung Charge looks kinda meh, in terms of just the form factor. Not a fan of it. The Revolution looks okay, I guess. Personally, I'm not that big a fan of Samsung or LG. No particular reasons, just don't care for them.

The Droid Bionic looks pretty neat, but I don't really think I'd like Blur all that much. So, I'm perfectly happy with my Thunderbolt, to be quite honest.
    It's really incredible, I have absolutely no phone envy. The Thunderbolt is simply the best phone I've ever owned, and includes various webOS, Apple and Android phones. Content with a phone? Unheard of!

Now that is an endorsement!

Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    It's really incredible, I have absolutely no phone envy. The Thunderbolt is simply the best phone I've ever owned, and includes various webOS, Apple and Android phones. Content with a phone? Unheard of!
    have to agree, I have had the BB tour, the OG Droid, the Droid X, the BB Bold, the fascinate, the Droid 2, and now the THUNDERBOLT and it is by far the best in every aspect. And with a little tweaking, no root, I am getting a full 24 hours of battery life

ROM
    Stock

Yep, couldn't care less about the other upcoming 4G phones either other than a worthy dual core HTC ONLY replacement for my Thunderbolt. Now HTC brings over the HTC Pyramid to Verizon, I'll sell my Tbolt in a hearbeat.

Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

in no way am I a fan yet, but the bionic does have better ram at DDR2. Kinda like having 1000mb. The TB will be fine.

I've become quite fond of my TBolt in the last few weeks. I've taken the time to learn the OS and Sense, gotten fabulous advice here in the Forums and been very careful to get just the apps I want without getting anything that looks too good to be true.. Coming from a BB Storm the difference is night and day. I don't see that kind of wow factor in any of the new 4G options compared to this device.

I was at a car show sponsored by my buddy last Saturday. I went around shooting pix and video and had a great time. The fun part was as the show was winding up a few of us were thinking about caravaning someplace for dinner. 4G was solid where I was and I'm scanning Poynt looking for a good BBQ place nearby and a friend of mine calls me. I answer his call, he wants to hook up with us, I find a promising place we all agree on while talking to him, I share the link to the restaurant with him via Twitter right from Poynt. He has to hang up to get the message so I tell him we'll see him there. I hang up the call, close Poynt, turn around and there are like 10 people staring at me with their mouths open like I just parted the Red Sea. LOL ... phone envy? Probably not going to be an issue for me for quite a while.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

lol...As soon as a phone is released it is usually outdated and something better in some form or fashion comes out shortly thereafter. The Evo3D will be king of the mountain for a month or 2 when it comes out, then something else will take its place. A year later Verizon will release the T-Bolt3D and everyone will brag it up and sing the praises of 3D. The Bionic sounds nice, but Blur sucks. HTC is king of the phones, but if it's marked with the name Samsung, it is hamstrung from the word go.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    Yep, couldn't care less about the other upcoming 4G phones either other than a worthy dual core HTC ONLY replacement for my Thunderbolt. Now HTC brings over the HTC Pyramid to Verizon, I'll sell my Tbolt in a hearbeat.
    QFT!!!!!

I'm really not interested in any other phones coming out. I don't even like the Bionic very much. I don't like the hardware as much as the Thunderbolt, and I only want an HTC phone. I would consider a stock Android phone, but since there are currently none being sold by Verizon then that's not an option, and I like the polished aspect of HTC Sense a bit more than stock. For me, customization is one of my favorite Android features, and I love the HTC look, widgets, and customizable features, like Scenes, the personalize button, skins, the seven home screens, etc.

After lurking since Jan I finally gave in and picked up the Thunderbolt today.

Global Posts
    11,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Was originally going to wait for the Bionic, but when I walked by the Verizon store on launch day on the way to work I succumbed. Really enjoying my Thunderbolt.

The bionic is better spec wise and dual core should give better battery life but it has a locked bootloader soo no thanks. T-2days till my tbolt arrives.